FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
dbrewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 6:57am
Yep agreed Fixerman has nailed it there.
2008 GT Line 1.2L PureTech 130, Nera Black (Active City Break, Armrest, Heated Seats & Assisted parking) [May 2017 build]
Sponsored Links

burty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Fixerman Fixerman wrote:

Originally posted by Abdn607 Abdn607 wrote:

Hey everyone, had a phone call from dealer today. Car will be ready on Friday. Happy days, cant wait.
Is it worth pusing for anything from the dealer when i go in to do all the paperwork.?
Never had a brand new car so dont know what to expect as such.

The margins are so tight that the dealer is unlikely to be feeling generous. Just make sure that your Peugeot Connect and TomTom traffic are activated.

I'm not sure I agree that the margins are tight unless you manage to get a good deal, then perhaps the margin is squeezed.  I managed nearly 20% discount when I bought my 2008 (Ok, that was 4 years ago), and slightly better when I bought my 308 last year.

The dealer should throw in a set of mats (although some trim levels come with them standard anyway).  Maybe push for the cargo net if your car doesn't get one as standard.  Discount on the first service may be something they will be able to manage locally.  
Peugeot 2008 Feline Mistral Ambience 1.6 E-Hdi 115 Stop-Start 5 Door, Nera Black, Park Assist, 17’ Eridan Brilliant Black Alloy Wheels, High Level net, delivered 19/10/13, Sold 1st Oct 2016
Abdn607 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abdn607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 9:21am
They said they was going to include a set of mats. I think you should get mats anyway as standard especially if its a brand new car. my opinion though.
How do I go about blagging a discounted service?
I know they do 3 year service plans at a good price anyway.
And what is Peugeot Connect?
dbrewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 9:23am
I got around a 18% discount on my GT Line and got the Armrest thrown in :)
2008 GT Line 1.2L PureTech 130, Nera Black (Active City Break, Armrest, Heated Seats & Assisted parking) [May 2017 build]
burty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Ant Ant wrote:

It's part of my start up routine, get in the car start up, switch off s/s, seatbelt on....

Out of interest: Why?
Peugeot 2008 Feline Mistral Ambience 1.6 E-Hdi 115 Stop-Start 5 Door, Nera Black, Park Assist, 17’ Eridan Brilliant Black Alloy Wheels, High Level net, delivered 19/10/13, Sold 1st Oct 2016
Andmag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andmag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:12am
Make sure your car is connected to the service and you have a contract with the dates on 3 years free and they offer you the speed camera's 139 💷 for 3 years the map comes with lifetime updateds but awaiting for info from Peugeot when available we all think November onwards hope this helps
tab0404 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tab0404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:00pm

And what is Peugeot Connect?

Peugeot Connect Navigation service links your sat nav (if you have it) to Tom Tom's live traffic service. It needs to be activated by the dealer at handover but many dealers were unaware of this - it was launched for the 2008 in April. There has been lots of discussion about it on this forum - search for "Tom Tom".

Basically many dealers were unaware of it although they should have received instructions from Peugeot on how to register new vehicles in the system. Unfortunately many new vehicles - mine included - were not registered at handover and had to go back to have it done. Once registered you have 3 years' worth of live traffic status and map updates, as Andmag says.

Edited by tab0404 - 11 Jul 2017 at 12:01pm
2008 Allure 1.2L PureTech 130 Manual 6-Gear in Nimbus Grey with Park Assist and Sat Nav (May 2017)
Abdn607 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abdn607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:55pm
Well picked up my new Allure on Friday. So far i am delighted with it. No niggles or problems. Just perfect. Cant believe how much of a roar/grunt it has when you accelerate a bit.
Thanks for all your help
Fixerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 1:11pm

Well picked up my new Allure on Friday. So far i am delighted with it. No niggles or problems. Just perfect. Cant believe how much of a roar/grunt it has when you accelerate a bit.
Thanks for all your help

Glad you are happy with your new Allure. They are very nice cars. Can you post a few photos?
GT Line 1.2L PureTech 110 EATS6 SS with factory fitted armrest. (May 2017 build)
Abdn607 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abdn607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:04am

Only ones i have taken at the moment. Will get some when out and out for a drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic