Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just orded a 1.2 allure in cumulus grey with pan roof heated seats and sat nav,Has anybody got the heated seats are they worth the money,Also does anybody know when to expect delivery dealer saying March.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice on cold mornings, but they don't seem to get that warm despite having 3 settings.

·
Registered
46 Posts
mine has been on order 7 weeks now and I haven't got a build date yet!!! Don't hold your breath, when I ordered it I was told twelve weeks but realistically it could be eight or nine!!!!!!! Who knows? I think by other posts it is realistically 14 weeks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
13 weeks for mine ordered Fri 30th Aug picked up Fri 29th Nov. Hope this helps

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ordered mine 8th August . Picking it up Tues 17th Dec.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered 10th Jan - Promised delivery 28th Feb @ 1.00pm - should I doubt this ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did they stipulate which year the January was?
We are still waiting (owing to the bad weather delaying shipping).
Ordered Sept 28th, e-Hdi allure 92.
Getting itchy now because we only have a 206CC as the Picasso died.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have heated seats in mine as they are standard with the Mistral trim. I presume that the optional system is the same. This is the first car I have ever owned with heated seats, although i have had leather seats in all my cars for some years. Many people I speak with seem to think that heated seats are an essential with leather but I must be different.

They ones I have work and I have no complaints, but quite frankly I think they are a little pointless. (I would rather have a heated gear knob). What is required is a mechanism to heat the seats before you get in to start the car, by the time the heat is available the seat has warmed up anyway.

I should add that my car is normally garaged so rarely gets that cold inside.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hired a car in the USA last summer which had 'remote start'. This meant that I could start the car by pointing the remote out of the apartment window (restaurant/bar/etc. window) and have the aircon cool the car before we needed to drive it. The car also had a winter mode which could be set to run the heater and the heated seats before needing to drive away. Eminently sensible I think and something I would love to have over here (health and safety permitting!)

PS I know what you mean about a heated gear lever knob :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Burty, my seats heat up really quickly but could be a little hotter, not as warm as the ones I had on my last Alfa. I agree though that I would rather have a heated gear knob, I have been complaining about it bitterly to my friends, so much so that one of them knitted a little bobble hat for it! Living where I do in the Welsh mountains it it regularly below freezing in the winter months. I have to say that the thing I miss most about my last car (Mondeo) is the heated front windscreen, it was a godsend! Now I have to join the ranks of my neighbours filling the kettle in the morning to get defrosted!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
T 10WE T said:

That's great.

We are all slaves to fashion. I love the alloy gear knob but in practice a nice leather or wooden gear knob doesn't suffer the cold like this one. I recall having a really nice wooden gear knob in my old Triumph Vitesse about 30 years ago.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Ah, the beauty of an automatic on a cold and frosty morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Daz

I have the same spec as you just in white and i think the heated seats are great. They heat up fast and get yu warming up before the car warms up and you can get the proper heating going. I love the heated seats and will get them in all cars to come.

Enjoy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts