Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys l ran into a man over the weekend as he just bought a new 2008 we got chatting told me loves the car BUT! He got the 1.2vti ECG as he was told this with a 6 speed box be good economy, after a day in car he noticed it was a 5 speed only he checked Peugeot web site and up to date spec sheet all say 6speed, l looked his right. My question is anyone come across this before? Obviously he ordered that spec but didn't get it?

·
Registered
540 Posts
EGC in the 1.6HDi 92 is a 6-speed affair but the 1.2VTi Puretech has always been identified in the spec sheet and price list as a 5-speed model (section 6, petrol drivetrain)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Peugeot Ireland and look at spec sheet its there so he was right

·
Registered
398 Posts
Put it in manual mode, and just accelerate and change gear...if stops at 5th, is clear...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My point being web page, dealer, spec sheet all said he was buying a 6 speed and they way he was talking his going to court about it as didn't get what was advertised.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mik207 said:
Check out Peugeot Ireland and look at spec sheet its there so he was right
You're right, it does, although that is an error and the price list does note that the 1.2VTi ETG is 5 speed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wonder how that works out, by law he didn't get what was advertised, like saying car has sat nav only to find out it don't, interesting

·
Registered
398 Posts
Depends on what is written in Sales Contract.The technical sheet is subject of possible mistakes at printing, it is not a guarantee.
The difference is made by sales contract and specifications written in it. This are subject of Law procedures.
For example: in technical sheet is written a fuel consumption of 3,6l/100km...you don't suite the company because at your driving style is eating with 30% more, no?
Also the technical sheets and posters have a smaaalll announcement: This is subject of printing errors. (can not translate it exactly, but you get it..)...so can not be used in Court of Law.
As the Law is not very different between UK and Ro, I believe this will apply to you too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Know what you mean George just found he had an interesting case as he said its like looking for a certain gold watch, the jeweler shows you one like it telling you by the book this is what you getting, but when arrived you find its not gold just gold plated and the maker says "oh sorry typing mistake we don't do that in gold" just thought he had a point, wondering what others thought

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And now the worst part l never gave him my number so can't hear how he gets on with it lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think for the reason George states he won't really be able to reject the car or take legal action but a decent dealer would offer a complementary service or similar as he has been misled; the reality though is that he's not been given the wrong product, that product never existed and I think there's enough information out there for him to know that - that's why a bit of dealer input is probably the order of the day.

In truth, with 82bhp and 1200kg to haul around a 6th gear is either going to mean ridiculously stacked ratios as it wouldn't cope with a longer top gear or a long top gear that is only useful on a downhill section with the wind behind him!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your right farnk l can't see how a 6speed would improve anything but l got feeling he was more upset about not getting what he and dealer thought he was getting, again l say down to Peugeot's lack customer services

1 - 12 of 12 Posts