Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anybody as driven 1.2 with a roofbox on as I'm in a dilema due to insufficient boot space on family outings I was thinking of changing the car for a 308sw but dealer wants 6000 to change also we love our 2008 with all lights and extras I would be only using the roofbox 3 or 4 times a year please help as its our first new car for several years cheers Daz

·
Registered
540 Posts
I guess loaded-up you will find performance tardy; I've used a roofbox on three cars, with both my current ones and my old Punto JTD, each having the advantage of a torquey diesel engine so performance was barely effected - economy drops notably at higher speeds though, I'd say 20% when cruising through France at 130km/h (still worth it for the booze saving!) but not so much at 70mph, perhaps 5-10%. If you accept for the few occasions you need the space that you won't be breaking any land speed records, they are brilliant.

Just make sure you are aware of the height when you use car parks with restrictions! We have a Kamei Delphin which has all the quality of Thule boxes but much closer to Halfords for pricing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank would it be worth while getting a roof box with the 1.2 petrol or would i be better off changing the car,we bought the 1.2 due to the fact 80percent of the time its driving round town plus i really like the car with all the extras i had fitted when i ordered it, I'm panicking that having the box on could cause engine problems as I've never had a car as low powered before
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just go for the roofbox - crikey, if it comes to it you could hire a minibus and get plenty of change from £6k for the occasions you need it!

My dad had a 652cc Citroen Visa when I was a kid - it had the 2CV flat-twin but electronic ignition so it had a mighty 34bhp rather than the 2CV's 29bhp; we towed a trailer for camping which considering flat-out was 77mph without the trailer we were fine. I think the 2008 1.2 with a roofbox will be perfectly decent, just don't expect to get pulled by the 5-0 at license-loosing speed!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers frank will do thanks a lot
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

·
Registered
540 Posts
We got a package from here;

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-boxes/roof-boxes-package-deals.php

No connections to the company at all, they delivered very quickly and we saved about £30 on their usual price which saved about £70 on the high street price. We went for a Delphin 340 in black so that we can get my sons bike alongside it on a carrier.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Daz seen one with roof box here in Holland (eng reg) so can be done, but be aware extra drag and height will effect handlingEdited by: Mik207

1 - 7 of 7 Posts