Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've had my 2008 for almost a month now (1000/1 month check on Saturday) and have to say i'm extremely pleased with the car.

Done just over 900 miles so far with an average of 50mpg which is far better than my previous Astra of 30 but of course really shines on longer journeys...went to Southampton and back the week I got it and managed to get 69mpg, complete round trip in just under half a tank was great...pleasure to drive on the motorway as well.

Was a bit concerned when people kept complaining about the sat nav as that was a main feature I wanted as I drive around all day to various little villages etc, has never let me down...don't even bother with the full post code even though it has it (city field), I saw a customer 2 weeks ago who wanted help on his £40k lRange Rover's sat nav and it was exactly the same as the 2008 with the individual entry points for navigation.

My only gripe is the reversing light is shocking...went out at 8pm one night to pick something up, ended up having to reverse extremely slowly and rely on the sensors doing the job as it was pitch black...waiting to hear someone elses solution on this forum in another thread though.

The wife didn't understand why I was getting so excited about a car...she had seen the 3008 around and wanted one of them (don't know why), however after driving mine she now wants one...she also cannot fault it.

Have used the Park Assist a few times and is a great feature to have, often go to places where it's extremely tight to park so don't want to be faffing around...just let the system do it's work...wife did get a little scared the first time I showed her but even she was impressed.

Overall it's a fantastic car and i'm glad I picked it in the end after looking at all the other crossover alternatives on the market....I think they have struck gold with this one.

The boot sill protector has started to come away from the boot today, dealer has said it will be sorted on saturday so no big deal.

First ever new car, first Peugeot...would definitely get another Peugeot after this experience....me thinks it will be another 2008 for the wife.

Spinneruk

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice summary of your first month.

Yes, the reverse light is a problem but the rest of the car is great.

Al.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First checkup completed, took 35 minutes which included replacing the boot sill protector as it was coming up at each end and also fitting the wind deflectors for the front windows.

Wasn't sure about them until I got them, actually makes a huge difference when driving generally but especially when the windows are open....obviously still get alot of noise etc but hardly any wind inside the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Spinneruk, Mines going in for a service in May and I was going to get the wind deflectors fitted then, do they look neat? (any pics), also I am getting the sill protector while its in there....!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do indeed look good, will take a few pics later....when they said the car was done and ready I couldn't actually see them from a distance...only when you get close do you actually see them...fit really well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
spinneruk said:
First checkup completed, took 35 minutes which included replacing the boot sill protector as it was coming up at each end and also fitting the wind deflectors for the front windows.

Wasn't sure about them until I got them, actually makes a huge difference when driving generally but especially when the windows are open....obviously still get alot of noise etc but hardly any wind inside the car.
mine to my boot sill protector is doing the same.Mines going back to another garage and theyre going to take pictures

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have now fitted the LED lights as mentioned by Al (ordered them last year), boot,foot wells and number plate bulbs took a total of 20 minutes to do all of them...really simple job.

Foot well lights look rather good at night i have to say...goes really well with the blue led lighting in the roof and dials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts