Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had the car just over a week now and very happy. The car handles really well in dry, wet and windy conditions, obviously no snow or ice at the moment but waiting to try out the traction control. No weird noises from under the dash or anywhere else, no smells of anything overheating or burning and all the little gadgets working perfectly. The Stereo/radio working fine and the usb playing well, just 653 tracks on a 16GB stick, both speed limiter and cruise control operative and acting as they should, all in all a fine "little big" car; 'er indoors loves it as well, bloonin' lovely to ride in she says plenty of leg room and seat adjusted to be really comfy so anyone thinking of getting a 2008 I would recommend it and if wallet allows go for the Allure spec. Oh yea and the dealer could not be more helpful, hand over and the car was immaculate and everything shown/explained to me they even gave me half a tank of fuel so I will advertise Peugeot Wellingborough, and say thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice to hear it Cowboy...still...in windy conditions, if the car is empty, at 140km/h will not be so stable...I had a drive with wind from my left, around 60-65 km/h as weather report says...The feeling was very strange...like I was in Pilot seat in plane, preparing to take off :)... Probably because of very light platform... So, as long as you want to drive in windy conditions, with speed, make sure you put a big bag of potatoes in rear...150 kg will do the trick :))))

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi John

Glad to hear its as expected and well done for giving a shout of praise for the dealer, we only hear of the bad ones, and fortunately for me they're all in the "New Forest" near the flying club.

Lets see some photo's when you can. No handbags please and make sure its clean the car we mean.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Uncletone, I will get some piccies soonest, car filthy at the moment,had to go out in horrible weather, hope to get it polished and waxed next week, by the way do I have to wear PJ's to take the piccies ? lol or is this just a girly thing?

·
Registered
506 Posts
John,John, don't start me off on that again,

Its bad enough when some are sharing a tap to clean their car, and then others drive it out in the rain to wash the mud off from the cricket.

So for goodness sake mate don't be going out in your PJ's and lets have no more talk of handbags swinging from the rear view mirror please or I'm going to have to shoot you

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
284 Posts
PJ's are optional but you will get serious bonus points for the effort

·
Registered
398 Posts
....But if you decide to wear a PJ, please assort it with a nice handbag that fits the PJ's color...The points will double. Also you will get a lot of popularity in your neighborhood (this is a bonus).
For extra bonus, send to Tony the picture, and also have instead of shoes, a nice pair of in-house shoes (rabbit heads, donkey heads, cat heads...never mind...but no skunks form is allowed !!!)...

You have an example below...the model is accepted by Peugeot Forum... :))))

Edited by: george2104

1 - 8 of 8 Posts