Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the missus got the Pug back from the dealers today, all was fine and dandy.

Also got some rubber mats, boot liner and mud flaps fitted. Forgot to haggle at buying time, but the guy came up tops with selling at cost and fitting for free so that makes a nice change!

Also got the drivers seatbelt 'flipped' back around as it left the factory twisted. Quality workmanship right there.....

Edited by: Shindig

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

I didn't think that the 1000 mile check up was still a requirement, or even necessary.

Was this something which was recommended by your dealer, or did you just choose to have it for your own piece of mind?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Montala said:
Hi,

I didn't think that the 1000 mile check up was still a requirement, or even necessary.

Was this something which was recommended by your dealer, or did you just choose to have it for your own piece of mind?
It was the dealer, said they just like to check after a 1000 miles or so. Not sure what actually went on with the car mind, it might just be a aftersales courtesy thing as opposed to a Pug requirement. Or a way of trying to sell stuff, but she never told me of anything although we enquired about the service plan. Not that they have replied to our query yet......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Mine was also carried out at around 1000 miles by the dealer.

There's no oil or filter change just a going over to tighten anything that needs it and to make sure all is well with the running and a top-up of any fluids.

More of a courtesy check over.

Nice touch, I thought.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree!

This was always something which used to happen in "the good old days", but is a practice which I thought was now considered to be unnecessary.

However, as it has been offered to at least two forum members It does sound as if it possibly something which Peugeot themselves actually recommend, and I will be interested to see if it will be offered to me, as when my wife purchased a Ford Fiesta from the same main dealer last year it was not even mentioned!

Personally I like the idea, if only for peace of mind.... and one which I would have thought is also a good PR exercise for the dealer concerned!

Edited by: Montala

·
Registered
540 Posts
Peugeot/ citroen stopped including the 1000 mile service as part of the schedule about 4 years ago, and certainly on our DS4 there isn't a 1000 mile service area to stamp (our old Picasso, a 2009 car, did have one).

There's nothing done at the service apart from checking levels etc., something that owners should do anyway. I think some dealers still do the check as part of good customer service.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'm certain it's more a PR than anything to do with the car.

Like you all say though, in this day and age it's refreshing to see something done for the sake of it rather than it being a compliance factor!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My local dealer, who have serviced my cars and my company car for several years willingly carried-out the 1000 mile check, even though I bought my 2008 elsewhere. I just didn't want to take it 65 miles back to the dealer from whence it came.

No problems were found, or expected

Evader

1 - 8 of 8 Posts