Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 12V car heater/demister for my cars windscreen when it's frozen in winter from Amazon. I've plugged it into the 12V socket in the front of the car and the fan will only power up when the engine is started as that's when the power is allowed to run to the front 12V socket as far as I'm aware. The rear 12V is powered all the time (engine on or off). Even though power is only supplied to the front 12V socket when the engine is running, i'm worried that if I leave the heater plugged in and switched on (heater had 3 modes fan/off/heat) in the 12V socket that it'll drain the battery. I don't want to keep removing the plug from the 12V socket after each use as i'm worried it'll eventually damage the 12V socket from repeated plugging in/unplugging the fan plug. Am I just being over cautious on this? Thanks. This is the heater: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YX9FWY5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I've got one similar to that already but I rarely use the 12V socket apart from now that I've got the heater. I left the heater plugged into the 12v socket yesterday whilst at work and after a 12 and a half hour shift the car started perfectly fine. By the way, the 12V socket works as soon as you switch the ignition on which I didn't realise!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts