Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just a question to ask.We had our first service done yesterday. We were requested to leave locking wheel nut in the car which was still sealed in the bag. Car was returned with locking nut still sealed in the bag so I'm assuming they've not had the wheels off. Is this normal on a 1st service? Also although the book has been stamped we weren't left a service sheet indicating what checks have been completed. Is this normal practice?
Any help/ideas guys?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi grezza... had Humpty's first service yesterday and was shown a card with the service details before they started.
As I recall - that beyond the engine oil/filter change and other fluid top-ups there is only a pretty extensive Visual check to the vehicle, and since the 2008 wheel designs permit a view of the brake pads when the wheels are spun, then its unlikely that any wheels would need to be removed unless your 2008 has covered sufficient mileage to have worn down its pads (doubtful on mileages of less then 10,000 )
However, as there possibly could be an unusual problem on the visual inspection, then 'wheel removing' attention could be required and your locking nut key would be needed.
I was also informed that whereas most other car manufacturers use only a very few locking nut variations ( and so typically main dealer workshops have them readily to hand ) the Peugeot range locking-nuts have a multitude of variation... so was warned to be careful and not to loose the key socket as replacement tends to be both long winded and expensive.

Edited by: ejohn

·
Registered
273 Posts
Services these days tend to be an oil/filter change and a look around. The length of time and the diligence involved depends on the mechanic (technician) and the pay structure involved at the garage (bonuses). It can and does take as little as 15 minutes. My dealer valets all cars, which is nice,and I suspect that this is the major operation in the service.(Probably an eastern European at minimum wages)When I asked why they needed to recall my car to check on the operation of the handbrake one week after the first service upon which this was one of the items to be checked I have been met with a deafening silence. My wife's 10 year old Ka is serviced by our local mechanic whom I trust implicitly to carry out a correct and full service. I would only use main dealers to preserve warranty qualification

·
Registered
398 Posts
I always stay with the car inside dealer's hall...Also ask before they take the car, what operations will do...and I enter with the car inside, and stay with mechanic to supervise if all is done according to initial information...Is a common practice in service to try and change some new piece from you with old one damaged from other that pay a bribe to mechanic...
Also I don't want to go with "oil changed" and dust/pollen air filterschanged only on paper...
At last oil change, the mechanic (a new one) was close to break the plastic holder from air filter as he didn't know that the plastic piece is moving front-back...

The dealers does not invest in trainings for mechanics, and the 2008 is relative new for them...so they improvise...but not all time this is working...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Crikey George; I hope I don't ever break down in Romania else I could end up with a 2008 body and a 1999 205 engine and suspension!!

When I had my service mid-August I did get a printed sheet showing tyre tread depth and the service guy talked through the report to confirm all was well and nothing needed attention.

At 2467 miles they charged me:

Labour: £73.75
Oil filter: £13.03
Washer fluid: £1.03
Drain plug gasket: £0.53
Synthetic oil: £20.00

Total: £108.34 + VAT= £130.01

·
Registered
398 Posts
Allan, you will be surprised to find out that is an ugly practiceat most dealers, not only here.They usually make this mess when you go with the car damaged...but I don't take risks...as you can not prove thatone injector for example died after you were in service, or before...

What I have seen at 32000 km (almost 20.000 miles?)...the disk from back wheels is highly eroded...the brake plates dig deeply...in front is ok...wonder why...I know the brake distribution force is 60-40 usually...strange...

The price you paid is a little higher than here, as I paid at change of: Synth. oil + oil filter + air filter + diesel filter + labor: almost 100 pounds in your money...

The best part is when I ask Peugeot representatives regarding MP3 cut at end of playback and SatNav problems (was not recognizing the shortest way...all looked the same...solved with map upgrade by the way)...They tell me to go to local dealer... The local dealer looks at me: "What? What? Never heard about this problems...must ask the PUG representative in Romania..."...and they start to pass the problem from one to other :))))))

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have mentioned before that Peugeot (or PSA) seem particularly deaf to customer concerns. I have said that we all appreciate that they are making a technically challenging product and that problems will occur. They do themselves no credit by constantly refusing to admit that some, not all, customers have problems that they seem unable to recognise. The fact that not everybody gets the same problems does not mean that they do not exist. I think I am beginning to become a bore on this. It would be unacceptable in the aviation world It would have to be sorted. I will not be renewing my contract with PSA next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts