Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 1.2 Allure E-VTI and have been searching the forum and see there are other comments about the "lag" you experience in automatic mode from 1st to 2nd. I have had the car for about 9 months, and I absolutely hate it. As someone else reported elsewhere, sometimes the shift is smooth and other times you put your foot on the gas and it just does not go then suddenly shoots ahead and makes a loud rumbling sound during the shift.
It seems the consensus is that dealerships are not agreeing there is a fault and this is just how the car runs. Has anyone actually had a situation where a fault was discovered? Any other insight on determining what is considered "normal" and what is a fault with these cars?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi,We all have this issue, is common at this robotized gear...
I have a turn to right, after I leave my house, in about 100m...is shifting to 2nd gear before turn...I slow down a little to take the turn...and right in the curve, the gear is shifting from 2nd to 1st...and you just kiss the steering wheel if you don't see it coming...
The problem is that the construction of the gearshift is made like this...it can only predicts the danger when you hard press the acceleration...and in that moment is down-shiftingand goes to very high rpm before up-shift. In rest, is optimized for consumption...and not for comfort.

So my advice to you is:
A) Start using Manual shift+ paddles
or
B) Learn to predict the up/down shifting...can be done pretty easy after a while.

No error is at the car...no fault at the system... just the crappy technology at robotized gear is too simple to act like automatic gear.

Have fun...andput your worst enemies to drive it without safety bell :)))))....

·
Registered
398 Posts
You are welcome.PS. One member from here told me that changed the oil in gearbox with one thinner and high quality. The difference was that the shifting was improved and the time for shifting is now shorter...
Cannot check, cannot argue...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts