Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this interesting little video showing some of the accessories to personalize your 2008:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0MBmtf1uk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">2008
Accessories</a>

Al.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
So how many have you ordered so far then

I quite like some of the coloured detailing. Always have ever since I saw the show cars;

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I fancy those too or at least one or other of the door sill plates. I also like the look of the rear sill plate thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The video shows a range of car mats.
Has anyone taken delivery yet that can confirm if mats are included?

I know certain 'higher spec' PSA vehicles come with them as standard

·
Registered
155 Posts
One of my contacts is a parts manager at a pug dealers. As soon as the SP accessory range is available he's gonna tip me me the wink.

If previous form is anything to go by expect a range of spoilers, alloys, bumper extensions, mesh grilles, arch extensions, styled mud flaps, stick on carbon trim/panels, gear knob, pedals, interior bits such as vent trims etc. Downside is its usually pricy, but always top quality. Irmscher are now a manufacturer authorised supplier so there may be similar items to the above that they will sell which won't invalidate the warranty, such as they do for the 107, 207, 4007, 407 etc.

Mats aren't stand at on any pug except high spec special editions, such as the 107 Envy etc.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just had a call from my dealer to advise me that they have the new 2008 Accessories brochure in and they've reserved one for me to collect.

I'll be popping down to pick it up shortly.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a little disappointed that the door sill protectors are only for the front doors.

They are standard on the Mistral and I looked at one at the dealers. I have to say they looked a tad small for the sills so I may wait and see what becomes available on ebay.

The rear (boot) sill protector does look like it's made for the job, so I reckon that will be first on my list.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Itsi, confirmed today that mats are not included at all. You have a choice of three in the accessory list, rubber and two carpet. Plus some others that match the extra pink, orange or green options for the trim.

Mac

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Mac

I have agreed with my dealer that they will supply the car with mats at my agreed price.

Just better check they don't think the rubber ones are acceptable.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked with my dealer today just to make sure I would get the proper 2008 mats and not some others that happen to fit.

He assured me they would be the correct ones for the car.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the link to the English accessories website:

http://www.accessories.peugeot.co.uk/en-GB/home<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">...and here's the link yo the French website with prices in euros:

http://www.accessoires.peugeot.fr/fr-FR/sitemap/2008-CROSS-OVER

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks as though we all had the same conversation with our dealers. I looked in my car on Friday and definitely no matts and had the conversation that it was going to be the better carpet mats. Rubber is good for winter or landrovers but it's still summer. Mud flaps were already in stock but not the rear bumper plate which they have ordered.

Mac.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've just been given a quote for fitting front parking sensors fitted£420 from Peugeot local parts dealer. What I don't get is if you opt for Park assist then you only pay £400 to have it fitted.

Does that make sense to you, I even checked if this was for Front parking sensors only and she confirmed it was.

The 3008 front sensors only cost £255.99 fully fitted apparently costs extra to get it to match your paint.

What is going on with the prices for the 2008??

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought you were adding Park Assist?

PS: Our dealer said he tested the Park Assist front sensors** on our 2008 and they were incredibly accurate and give a visual display (same as the rear sensors) so they're perfect for forward parking in a garage, high kerb, bollards etc.

** They come on automatically at less than 6mph (10kph). The Park Assist is worth the cost for that feature alone.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
311 Posts
We decided against having park assist in the end, even though we are extremely tempted.

We were just flirting the idea of front parking sensors but based on those prices, I think we'll just stick with the rear sensors and hope for the best

Just a bit surprised at how much they want for them, appears to me to be a little excessive.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts