Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am a new member and will soon to be the owner of a new 2008 1.6 blueHDI allure. My previous vehicle was a Vauxhall Antara which I had a heck of a job finding waterproof car seat covers for, in fact the one's I bought split after a while. So my question is, does anyone know of a good set of waterproof covers (front seats only will do) for the 2008?, any replies would be much appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I will look into them. I have another question though, I have a 2008 Allure now, and on the info screen where your average MPG bit is, I get two dashes until I get above 20mph (which is what the manual says you get), but once above 20mph I get wildly fluctuating read outs that update every half a second or so. I am getting (according to the display) over a thousand mpg one second, then 30 mpg, then 999.9 mpg then 276 mpg etc etc surely this can't be right. The trip computer gives me the average mpg for that trip, but I want the actual overall mpg, and the screen I mentioned above is quite frankly useless if what I have described is the norm!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Do you want instantaneous MPG or overall MPG? Best you can get for overall MPG is the total average MPG for each of the two trips. The instantaneous MPG does go very high, particularly when you back off, but should be reasonably steady at a steady speed.
Edited by: burty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply burty. I have got up and displayed the trip computer (1) read out, but that to swings wildly about, though not by such big margins the other display was giving. All in all I haven't got a clue what mileage I'm getting, due to these big swings. I had an Antara previously, and the main screen showed you the range remaining in the full tank and the average mpg you are getting which only moved up or down by a tenth of a mile. So you knew almost exactly what you were getting mpg wise, this sadly is definitely not the case (so far at least) with the Peugeot 2008, which is frustrating. I contacted the dealer about it, but was told this was the norm!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
burty, the instantaneous mpg read out has never been steady yet, which is why I say its useless on my Peugeot, it swings between 1014 mpg and 30 mpg, and just about everything in between every second, so you have no idea what mpg you are getting, this continues to happen even when you remain at the same speed and in the same gear which surely shouldn't be happening?

·
Registered
506 Posts
IanRK,

That doesn't sound right. I know using the trips 1 & 2 it takes a while for the average reading to settle down, probably 10 - 20 miles and then it will just go up or drop a bit especially if you are running at a steady speed on the motorway for instance.

But the figures you are getting are a little wild to say the least. That calls for a visit to the dealership me thinks for a computer reboot maybe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Uncletone, I was beginning to think these fluctuations were normal, and began to despair. I have toyed with the idea of going back to the dealers and asking them to let me have a test drive in their demonstrator, just to see what their readings were like. So its back to the dealers then, and asking for a reboot (or software update, if there is such a thing?).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
From the sound of it that doesn't sound normal.

·
Registered
2020 Peugeot 2008 GT Line 1.2 PureTech 130 Manual, Park Assist, Open & Go, Glass Roof, Adapt C/Ctrl.
8 Posts
Thanks for your reply burty. I have got up and displayed the trip computer (1) read out, but that to swings wildly about, though not by such big margins the other display was giving. All in all I haven't got a clue what mileage I'm getting, due to these big swings. I had an Antara previously, and the main screen showed you the range remaining in the full tank and the average mpg you are getting which only moved up or down by a tenth of a mile. So you knew almost exactly what you were getting mpg wise, this sadly is definitely not the case (so far at least) with the Peugeot 2008, which is frustrating. I contacted the dealer about it, but was told this was the norm!
Hi Ian, I also am a new owner of a new Peugeot 2008, mine is a 1.2 puretech 130 manual GT Line. My actual MPG figures are all over the place also, which I have never seen before. In all previous vehicles I have owned there was always a stable current MPG shown. When you press the button on the right stalk to view current MPG mine sways wildly upto 999 miles. After having the car for a few weeks I have noticed is does calm down and give a more realistic reading when driving along in 5th gear for example, and as ymI accelerate or take foot off gas pedal the readings change accordingly. So when I'm not pressing on the accelerater pedal it shows higher figures upto 999 but as soon as you hit the gas the readings come down to somewhere between 30-60 MPG depending on my speed and rate of acceleration. I actually think the 2008 must have super accurate sensors that gives you your MPG literally second by second. The two trip modes gives you your average MPG over the distance of that particular journey. My MPG figures are in the mid 30's but I use my car round the town with lots of stop starts at traffic lights and junctions etc. On a short 5 mile dual carriageway drive I got apx 46 MPG which is still pretty low. My car only has 500 miles on it, and has had to put up with lots of cold mornings so I'm curious to see how it fares in warmer summer weather. So far the MPG is nothing like the claimed manufacturers figures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts