Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2008 in to Peugeot last week as I've been having problems with it on full lock. It sounds like it's grinding and it's jerking all the time on full lock. The last straw was last week as I went round a corner on full lock at 15 mph my car went out of control and spun around on a main road and almost caused a crash. When I took it in to the dealership they said it's a common thing on the 2008 and nothing they can do. I'm now scared to take my little girl out. Any advice on what to do next please

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hum - my advice, don't go on full lock, and pray

Seriously, I'm on my second 2008 the first a petrol 1.6, one of the first out over here, and now another petrol but 1.2 and have NEVER experienced this.I'm reluctant to check whether mine does the same thing however.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, I have created a thread on here about this and also on the 2008 owners page on Fb. Almost the 2008's without grip control do this. The outer wheel is restricted from turning as much as it needs to by the design of the car causing the wheel to be dragged sideways. The tyre folds under the wheel when its cold causing the judder.

Mine has been to the dealership and they call it a 'characteristic' . Its not, its a design fault. Some Mercedes cars do it. Google Mercedes wheel crabbing to see the videos.

I am about to email Peugeot to complainas they have deleted the Post I put on their facebook page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts