Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just had our new 2008 delivered today and all is well except I noticed there are no mats front or rear. Surely that can't be right? Do Peugeot really expect you to buy your own mats?

Been trying to get hold of someone to find out but they are all apparently "out of the office". Obviously bank holiday weekend early finish I think ;)

Anyway it's not a biggie but I do feel a little short changed. Just wanted to confirm if it does actually come without mats? Doesn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi YFUK,I don't yet have mine but during signing the contract we bargained for free set of mats...else I think it would have been excluded.
Good luck with your car anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, first car I have ever had that didn't come with mats. Odd decision on Peugeot's part. Our Citroen DS3 came with mats, although they were pretty rubbish and the drivers side had worn through within 6 months. Ah well, got some old ones in the garage until I get around to buying something decent.

Thanks for your input. Car is fantastic by the way!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dalou said:
My 2008 had a full set of mats! Why isn't the service standard across all dealerships?
Where did you get your 2008 from? I'm not entirely happy with this "no mats" situation. Smacks of cheapness and penny pinching to me. Mats should be standard, not an extra.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mats are standard on Feline, optional on all others (I think leather on Allure includes mats)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pugmania said:
Are you talking about over mats or rubber one's?
I would have been happy with any mats, rubber or otherwise. It just seems such a basic that I can't believe they are an "optional" extra.

·
Registered
143 Posts
YFUK said:
Pugmania said:
Are you talking about over mats or rubber one's?
I would have been happy with any mats, rubber or otherwise. It just seems such a basic that I can't believe they are an "optional" extra.
Well I didn't realise that, thought you meant protective over mats but your saying nothing in the way of mats at all. Does that mean you have your feet on the painted floor because if so that is I agree very basic andmust say I'm very surprised.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it has the carpet as do most cars I have ever seen but of course under that is the metal which is the reason why you need mats as they take all the crap and also the wear from your heel where your foot is resting on the accelerator. If you leave it with just the carpet you'll be through to the metal in no time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mezza said:
hi guys

i got no mats shuld come as standerd

mezza...
Crap isn't it? I know it's not a major thing but it does take the shine of delivery of your new car? Come on Peugeot, what's with the no mats thing?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought a few new cars over the years and mats are not standard .It's part of the negotiation for the price ,if they give them to you free easily , it generally means you could have knocked them down a bit more !

·
Registered
87 Posts
our first new 2008 allure 1.6 stop n start desel outo in nimbus grey
as it was our first new car i was exspecting them 2 be fitted

i think i exspected 2 much with the 2008 being our first new car

mezza...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think something as simple as mats should be a negotiating point. They should be standard on all cars no matter what the cost of the car but especially if your spending 20 grand on one!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a full set of mats in mine and my dealer acted as if it was no big deal. They've been awesome throughout the whole purchase.

·
Registered
96 Posts
petes01582 said:
I bought a few new cars over the years and mats are not standard .It's part of the negotiation for the price ,if they give them to you free easily , it generally means you could have knocked them down a bit more !
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
I agree... but in my case I negotiated such a good deal that despite quite a firm attitude on my part he said that there was simply no margin left for them to include a set.

The best I could get out of them that if they get an additional 'bonus' from Peugeot for meeting, or possibly exceeding their target sales, than they will fit a set of genuine Peugeot cloth mats for me.

Naturally if anything goes slightly 'wrong' for any reason between my order and delivery dates, I will be looking for them to be included in any case as a small 'sweetener'!

Edited by: Montala

1 - 19 of 19 Posts