Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the 2008 Allure 1.6 eHDI in Nimbus Grey for delivery in a couple of weeks, I would of preferred the Dakota Brown but didn't want to wait. can anyone tell me about the stop start and how it works I never noticed it on the demo drive I did.This is my first Peugeot after having mainly Citroens so it is half as good as some of my old Citroens I will be well pleased.
past cars
Citroen- 2x Saxo,C2, C3, C3 Picasso, Berlingo & C Crosser
Ford- Fiesta
Dacia- Duster

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi daz4109 and welcome to the club.

The 'stop/start' is a system that stops the engine when the car is brought to a halt.

Immediately you release the footbrake it starts again, almost instantly.

You can over-ride this system by depressing the 'eco' button.

The engine management system will over-ride this if conditions dictate (low battery, high demand from air-con or lights etc).

I tend to press the eco button approaching round-a-bouts as it makes for a smoother entry into the flow of traffic. I press it once passed so it can operate at traffic lights etc.

Nice colour you've gone for. Looks gorgeous with the chrome-work when it's polished.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Daz
Al is correctly quoting you for the EGC 'auto' version, but if yours is the 115 manual model, the stop/start cuts the engine as soon as the vehicle is in neutral and at speeds below12mph. The switching is automatic and from the clutch pedal when its fully depressed, so as soon as its next again depressed to engage gear, the engine is then automatically started without delay and the clutch will just seamlessly work as normal when you lift it to drive off.

It takes only a little while to get used to, but should you have a background noise - eg air-con running - its really only by looking at the rev-counter that you'll know for certain that the engine has been stopped. As with the ECG version the stop/start eco mode can be disabled with an override button switch on the lower dash right hand side.

No problems normally found at roundabouts etc. with this stop/start when driving the manual version thankfully - though if you are not familiar with a six speed gearbox, then choosing the best gear for ultimate smooth progress from roundabouts, road junctions etc. will give you something to adapt to......

Great vehicle to drive, and hope you'll enjoy yours soon.

Also agree with Al.. you have a car colour that will look special polished....

·
Registered
540 Posts
daz4109 said:
Thanks too for that, my car is the 92 bhp model
ejohn's comments relate to the 92bhp Allure manual too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi daz
weve got the exact same allure as u av ordered good chioce

in nimbus grey with chrome
looks stunning allan told u how the STOP N START works
had ours now 5 weeks after a three month wait,
well worth the waiting but couldnt wait
lol
good luck
happy driving
ull love it

mezza....

·
Registered
143 Posts
daz4109 said:
Quick update I collect the car today at 4:30
So it's you that has made it rain.

Good luck enjoy your car and by-the-way may I say an excellentchoice of speck.

Edited by: Pugmania

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Doesn't the time just stand still..............................

I think it will be gobsmackilyishious.

Have fun and enjoy.

Al.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers Mez can't wait for it to get dark to check out the mood lighting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts