Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thanks for letting me join the club.Tomorrow night 27/10 I take possession of a 14 reg 2008 1.4HDI Active. Trading in my trusty but failing Qashqai Tekna and to be honest looking forward to the change.

To be honest I don't know much about these cars ( was not a lover of the previous shape ) so hoping to learn more and maybe share info as I go.
Expecting to do around 1000 miles a month mostly on country roads so time will tell how well it will hold up.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi and welcome, have fun in your new 2008.

Al.

PS: You mention 'previous shape' but the shape hasn't changed hardly at all for the 2008?....are you sure you didn't mean to order a New308?

PPS: I also had a Qashqai Tekna and was very pleased to change into a 2008. I found the 2008 more like driving a 'car' compared to the Qashqai.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops yes I meant 3008... Nope ordered the right one, couldn't budget for the 3008. I will be interested to see what can be done on the 2008, what mods/upgrades are possible.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
sifut said:
Oops yes I meant 3008... Nope ordered the right one, couldn't budget for the 3008. I will be interested to see what can be done on the 2008, what mods/upgrades are possible.

.....well you could start with the bulbs:
Bulb change to LED

Al.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bulb change is good but what are they like for access and fitting? Are LED headlight bulbs any good? My Qashqai had Xenons for dipped beam which were great but halogens for high beam.Will I need to do any major surgery?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It's all very straightforward.
Have a read through each 'type' to see how to do them. I've also posted photos to show access etc.

Al.

PS: Regarding theDipped/Main Beam; I would definitely go for the Philips WhiteVision. Pricey but well worth it for the improvement.

LED headlight replacements are not street legal so don't be tempted. The lens and reflector are not designed for them.

PPS: My new 308 has full LED headlights and they are just awesome.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
398 Posts
For low-high beam I will not recommend LEDs, as the most powerful Led that claims to have 3600 Lm is awful...so...don't waste your money.(I got a full refund from Chinese dealer after I made a complain)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well last night I got my 2008, raining, dark and rush hour traffic to go home.Thoughts - rear view mirror seems a bit high or I am too short. I see the point about the steering wheel obscuring the dials a bit. Some fine adjustment of the seat and wheel required for this and probably rear view mirror.
Steering itself is very good, the 1.4HDI needsthe right gear to keep it moving but does pull well.
Headlights need brighter/better bulbs (might have a pair of nightbreakers in the shed) but its usually the way with standard lights.
Couldn't find a pause button for the music player...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Music player pause button - just mute it by pressing volume button...will pause...I recommend you Osram Offroad for high beam and OsramN.B. for low beam...at me was better than Philips Xtreme. Also consider from where you buy it...a lot of fakes...and visible differences...

·
Registered
4 Posts
<div ="PMmsg">
thank for letting me be a member of this tight clubi hope
to purchase a new 2008 in march in bianco white diesel
1.6n,6 speed ,the reason for march is that its going to be on
motabilty .have not had one of these before so i am so looking
forword to it . all the reviews are quite good except there is
no cd drive ( wife not happy)
that seems to be the only thing wrong with it

·