Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I took my vehicle out of the garage and there was a big Puddle on the floor in my garage in front of my exhaust box I managed to look underneath it was dripping from the front of the box the water is clear the car is done 225 miles I phoned Peugeot where I bought the car from and was told by the service manager not to use the car just to leave it in the garage when I asked him what it was he told me he did not know then I phoned Peugeot uk Who told me to phone another dealership which I did who put me through to a technician who told me it could be condensation a leak like this is not condensation I explained where it was from and I said it is still leaking just dripping now he said to me it could be that my car is absorbing all the moisture from the air in my garage and it has come out there I think he needs to go back to school I asked him could I drive it he said if I did even though it’s still under warranty I would be charged £90 for a diagnostic check and if it was my fault that the car developed a leak I’ll be charged for all the repairs so could anybody possibly tell me can I drive the car and is the leak a major problem I need to drive the car to go back and forwards to hospital also while I While he talked to me he also told me that if I left the car out in the open all night if it still leaks which it certainly would he would it would prove that it wasn’t condensation but I’ve never seen a car lose over a litre of water and it’s pure water isn’t from the backwashes he would talk to me Monday he also went on to say that even though I Do not use The air-conditioning that the air-conditioning is on automatically in the garage with the engine off so if there’s any technical wizards that they could possibly tell me is it okay to drive the vehicle I’ll be very happy because he’s told me they cannot see me for two weeks.as I have said it is a leak from in front of the exhaust box it is a drip basically and it is on the right hand side and it’s just dripping off the front of the box itself sorry for the long post but I’ve never ever heard anyone talk so much rubbish in my life

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thats very annoying for you, but also difficult do diagnose without seeing the car,

you say its coming out infront of the exhaust box - do you mean the rear 'box or the front one?

if the fluid is clear, I don't think it can be coolant as that is normally coloured.
did you have the car running in the garage before you took it out, (I mean for a few mins, not just start and drive out?)

just a thought, was it wet when you put it away last time? sorry but it helps to eliminate the obvious.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's a lot of water, have a look in the boot in the spare wheel carrier, if its got water in it you might have a leaky boot seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the car was put away dry it’s coming from the back box but at the front of the back box somebody said to me it could be the air-conditioning coolant but it was clear water it’s not coming from the rear screen wash seems rather strange what’s going on

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you sure it’s not just condensation which is coming from the air conditioning unit.If you have been running the car with air con on sometimes water builds up in the system and is then drained away.I had a similar thing happen to one of my last cars and was puzzled until it was explained to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In my experience the air-con water (condensation) usually drips just behind the engine, rather than near the rear of the car.
As it's near the rear, and clear, it can't be coolant or screenwash (both would look to coloured and/or sticky to the touch)

It could be water leaking from the boot are, but I would expect that Customstrat would have already noticed wet carpets etc inside the car.
Although it my be worthwile feeling under the carpets in the boot an rear footwells just in case. I seem to recall that the smaller Peugeots (107 or 1007 maybe) had problems with the rear light clusters leaking allowing rainwater into the boot and spare wheel well, most owners didn't notice until the pool was deep enough to seep into the rear footwells! - how often do we lift the cover to look at the spare wheel or what ever is underneath??

It could be condensation forming in the exhaust and dripping out from the front of the rear box (most exhausts rust from the inside due to this) I see loads of cars leaking a trail of water from the tailpipe during the first few miles of a journey, some cars have a hole in the rear silencer to allow this to drain out, I'm not sure this is the culprit this time as I dont think the car was running in the garage for long enough to cause this.

sorry for the long post, but just trying to cross t's and dot i's

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's been my experience with.Peugeot when you take a car in which is under guarantee the very first thing they mention is the diagnostic charge . Quiet shameful on a car that has done such low mileage as yours , I had my car into a Pergiot Kia dealership years ago now while waiting for it I got talking to the Kia guy who said Kia were slot less pedantic about guarantee scenarios.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Today I took my vehicle out of the garage and there was a big Puddle on the floor in my garage in front of my exhaust box I managed to look underneath it was dripping from the front of the box the water is clear the car is done 225 miles I phoned Peugeot where I bought the car from and was told by the service manager not to use the car just to leave it in the garage when I asked him what it was he told me he did not know then I phoned Peugeot uk Who told me to phone another dealership which I did who put me through to a technician who told me it could be condensation a leak like this is not condensation I explained where it was from and I said it is still leaking just dripping now he said to me it could be that my car is absorbing all the moisture from the air in my garage and it has come out there I think he needs to go back to school I asked him could I drive it he said if I did even though it’s still under warranty I would be charged £90 for a diagnostic check and if it was my fault that the car developed a leak I’ll be charged for all the repairs so could anybody possibly tell me can I drive the car and is the leak a major problem I need to drive the car to go back and forwards to hospital also while I While he talked to me he also told me that if I left the car out in the open all night if it still leaks which it certainly would he would it would prove that it wasn’t condensation but I’ve never seen a car lose over a litre of water and it’s pure water isn’t from the backwashes he would talk to me Monday he also went on to say that even though I Do not use The air-conditioning that the air-conditioning is on automatically in the garage with the engine off so if there’s any technical wizards that they could possibly tell me is it okay to drive the vehicle I’ll be very happy because he’s told me they cannot see me for two weeks.as I have said it is a leak from in front of the exhaust box it is a drip basically and it is on the right hand side and it’s just dripping off the front of the box itself sorry for the long post but I’ve never ever heard anyone talk so much rubbish in my life

If your car is a diesel could it be the adblue fluid?adblue is a clear colourless fluid. I don't think it's the aircon as on my car the water condensation which drips out from condensation forming on the aircon system (condensation on outside of the compressor housing, apparently) on my car it drips out from underneath the car at the front where the engine undertray is andsometimes drips out from underneath the front bumper.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If (as the OP states) they don't use air-con then unlikely to be that.

What would help is if they were to state:

1) How long in ownership?
2) Mileage?
3) Miles driven in your ownership
4) Has it always done this if owned for some time?
5) Petrol or diesel, if the latter if it uses an additive to reduce emissions?

Also please please try to paragraph (as opposed to lumping everything in one block) as I almost gave up the will reading it :(

For instance if they've just purchased and driven home and the supplying garage had jet-washed it, there's a chance there could be water pooling on the undertrays or in the exhaust.

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 1.2 GT-Line EAT6 Ultimate Red
29 Posts
If your car is a diesel could it be the adblue fluid?adblue is a clear colourless fluid. I don't think it's the aircon as on my car the water condensation which drips out from condensation forming on the aircon system (condensation on outside of the compressor housing, apparently) on my car it drips out from underneath the car at the front where the engine undertray is andsometimes drips out from underneath the front bumper.
I agree that it's most likely Adblue as that is injected into the exhaust system, so a pipe may have come loose near the back box perhaps?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree that it's most likely Adblue as that is injected into the exhaust system, so a pipe may have come loose near the back box perhaps?
You're probably right, either that or it's leaking from where the exhaust component sections are joined together?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts