Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just taken delivery of 2008 GT Line and apart from the noisy, rough engine sound (1.2 petrol) the car is very nice.
As it wasn't supplied with an owners manual, I've spent quite sometime messing about with the settings but can't suss out a couple of things.
Firstly, I'd like to set the head lights to Automatic to come on when it's dusk or dark. The stem has the auto setting but this then also activates the high and low beam as well. I'd like to still operate the high/low beam myself rather than the car deciding as I find it a little unreliable and somewhat distracting. This combination of Auto lights with manual high/low was available on the 3008 that the missus had up until a week ago.
Secondly, I need to know if the Lane assist can be set to permanently OFF. At the moment it resets to ON every time the car is restarted. Again I find this quite an annoying and slightly dangerous feature of new cars.
One other small niggle is the keyless start, had to put a sticky back plastic hook to hang up the key on the dash rather than it rattling around in one of the storage compartments. Nowhere for the key to live and a start button doesn't make sense to me.
Other than that it'll do for the next 3 years.
Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I believe that the owners manuals are available online for you to download.
This is becoming more popular as it saves paper and is cheaper for the car companies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I eventually found a manual.
Doesn't look like any of these niggles can be put right so the wife will have to put up with it and I'll carry on driving the VW transporter.
Stay Safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
These are all valid points and maybe there are some design fault issues here.

Havent got my e-2008 yet, ordered it in February but been told that Peugeot Spain wont be building them until October. But a bit concerned about the issues you have raised asI would also find them annoying.

It would be interesting to see if other owners are able to override the headlight problem and the auto lane assist too.

I guess the keyfob will have to stay in a pocket.

Paul.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
I’ve since found that the headlights can be set to non-auto Dipping via the touch screen with the stalk set to Auto. The dealer told me that lane assist is reset to ‘on’ every time the car is started. And as for the key, that’s now got a stick on plastic hook. Probably my age but I don’t get the keyless thing and start button to start and stop the engine. Enjoy you new car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't have keyless start on any of my current cars, but I thought you just had to keep the in your pocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts