Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We sent my wife's 207 (purchased in the Malta) to our daughter in the UK. She was told that in order to register it in the UK she would need to change her speedometer as this is in km not miles.

My question is what would be the cheapest option (I was thinking of a sticker type of solution) and can you please maybe guide me to someone who can do this. (she is based in north wales).

Thanks a million.

Alan

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Chrib, I am North Wales, if she is looking for a Peugeot garage particularly then depending on where she is her best bet is probably Mochdre Peugeot (near Llandudno/Colwyn Bay) or Dickens Peugeot in Wrexham. What is strange though is that I thought all cars had speedos in both kph and mph? They always used to? Where is your daughter based? I also know a few reliable garages who could maybe just change the facia of the speedo to save replacing the whole unit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
On my Toyota that I personally imported from Japan I just used stickers made from paper.. Stated at 80kph being exactly 50mph and went from there. A kilometre is 5/8 mile.Much the cheapest solution. Yes all British cars have both but most metric countries do not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T 10WE T said:
Hi Chrib, I am North Wales, if she is looking for a Peugeot garage particularly then depending on where she is her best bet is probably Mochdre Peugeot (near Llandudno/Colwyn Bay) or Dickens Peugeot in Wrexham. What is strange though is that I thought all cars had speedos in both kph and mph? They always used to? Where is your daughter based? I also know a few reliable garages who could maybe just change the facia of the speedo to save replacing the whole unit.

I appreciate your help on the matter; she's been there since August and is pretty much a start and go person as far as cars go. I suggested she maybe look up Which? for a someone who can service the car or find someone who can advice her on where to service it, etc.

Strangely enough this vehicle only had km. And this was purchased new in 2010. She works as a Doctor in Bangor (PostcodeLL57 2PW).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Her nearest Peugeot garage is on Anglesey in Llangefni, its about 10 miles away from Bangor (or nearer still if she works in the hospital!). As for independents, I don't know any out that way to recommend sorry.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
There are companies around that will change the backplate in the speedo if you are willing to let them take your speedo apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts