Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second service due on our 1.6 diesel in January. Cheapest price £300 plus some dealers advising brake fluid change for an extra £80.

Anybody else had prices recently for the second service and do I need to get the brake fluid changed
Edited by: russo109

·
Registered
22 Posts
Peugeot recommend that your brake fluid is replaced every twoyears. Normally, this would happen at the same time as
your vehicle's scheduled service so it sounds about right if yours is two years old now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Worth asking if your dealership price match and then shop it around. My last car was a Renault (from Evans Halshaw) and I always asked them to price match (even somewhere like Halfords) - they never argued and it was always considerably cheaper than I was initially quoted.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Our DS4 has the 115bhp HDi engine and that was £275 for the second service, plus Citroen did the brake fluid change for £50 as it was booked with the service - I'd ask them to think again!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Robins and day fixed price servicing is cheaper than that. I can't/won't recommend them but it might give you a benchmark comparison.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just has my 2nd service at Peugeot Hatfield, service £248.87,brake fluid 79.54 and pads/discs at 21k mileage at £288. £611 total!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have just had my 2nd service done at Marshalls Cambridge total cost £425, which included brake fluid replacement and full 40,000 mile service! I have only done 10,000 miles so feeling a bit ripped off but that's the price these days for a main dealer service.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
petes01582 said:
Just has my 2nd service at Peugeot Hatfield, service £248.87,brake fluid 79.54 and pads/discs at 21k mileage at £288. £611 total!
Blimey. £80 for brake fluid. Presumably liquid gold.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Huge said:
I have just had my 2nd service done at Marshalls Cambridge total cost £425, which included brake fluid replacement and full 40,000 mile service! I have only done 10,000 miles so feeling a bit ripped off but that's the price these days for a main dealer service. 
Curious. On what basis do they justify doing the full 40k service? Is that due to the car's age? How old is it?

·
Registered
540 Posts
burty said:
Huge said:
Curious. On what basis do they justify doing the full 40k service? Is that due to the car's age? How old is it?
The 1.6VTi is on 12 month or 20k intervals, so the second service is the 40k service. £425 is a hell of a lot though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just had mine done, At main Dealerservice at £227
Brake fluid at £60
Service was @ 24 months, with 16K on the clock, HDi EGC , allure spec

1 - 11 of 11 Posts