Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Now had the car for around 4 weeks and all seems well. Certainly still a joy to get in and drive.
Comparing it to my previous 3008 2.0 auto it's certainly as comfortable as it's predecessor and has plenty of punch low down the revs making for relaxed driving. Although it's only covered 500+ miles on journeys less than 10 miles it's returning about 53 mph, quite acceptable considering the type of motoring and newness. Negative comments about the size of steering wheel seem unfounded as vision of dash for myself is fine and just right for driving. The finish and quality on the inside is a marked improvement on the previous car and does look the part. One irritation did
arise early on was no 12 volt socket in the boot, but easily rectified with a purpose made extension under the rear seats.

I've still to become fully conversant with the touch screen and all it's settings but getting there. The only grumble I have to date is the SatNav search facility. It can be a long drawn out procedure finding an address without the ability to input a full postcode and in some cases not be able to find an address which has been around for many years. I hope the upgrade is sooner rather than later.

Anyway here's some long over due pics.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Good eh?....and every time I go for a drive it feels better.

I thought the wheel was a tad small the first couple of drives but now, like you, I find it just right.

Must say it looks gorgeous in white, but then........

Al.

PS: I hope to have some info on the Post Code update shortly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree, its taken me a couple of days to get used to the small steering wheel.but the driving position is good and i have no problem seeing the dials. I don't know why all the reviews made such a fuss over that.

i like that this is different to all the other cars.

Edited by: Deckers

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I must say that I love the small steering wheel. It was one of the items I liked from my test drive and it is one of the best features of the car IMHO. (Actually it reminds me of my old Triumph Vitesse as I had a 12 inch steering wheel in that 30 years ago.)

I have not quite got to grips with the way that the car handles yet. No complaints mind.

I cannot fathom putting an address into the sat nav, that seems unnecessarily awkward. Oh for full post code entry.

I now have 1000+ miles on mine as I have had a number of journeys to our head office which is a 180 mile round trip. I am getting 60+ mpg overall which is pleasing (although I have only done limited town stuff).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts