Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

4Hours to go!

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Ciorapel 
#1 ·
After reading almost all the topics and posts around here, decided in february to order 2008 allure in pearlescent white, park assist, sunroof etc. The diesel version, automated. 2 days ago the car finally arrived and i must say, i have had 2 veeeery loooong nights. Now, around 12 a clock i am due to pick up the car from my local dealer and want to thank all the users (and the moderators) for keeping up this wonderful page and for all the posts that helped a lot in making up my decision. I was the silent reader and visitor around here. Second, any advise on what i should check when i pick up the car? What should i specifically look at? Even thoug I am from Romania, I will def post my first impressions on this forum and hopefully help others In making up their minds :) Fingers crossed for the car now. 3hand34 minutes left...Edited by: Ciorapel

#3 ·
Have a great day; but I guess that goes without saying.

Just make sure all the paintwork, windows and trim are as they should be (no digs, chips, bumps or scratches)
and that all the interior is looking fine.

You'll have a run through the set-up and controls so make sure the indicators and lights are all ok etc. ( I'm sure they will be as your dealer will have checked through everything).

Get your mobile phone paired by the dealer to save you having to do it later.

Don't worry about the constant grin on your face, it's quite natural.

Enjoy the day.

Al.

PS: Just noticed how long ago you posted this thread so you're probably already enjoying yourself.

Edited by: allan40alt

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply! Just picked up the car. I love it. In a few hours we take our baby and drive around foe a few km. Did everything as youmentioned above. Also, paired the smartphone. Made some calls. What can i say?! Awsome. I had my worries bc of the egc system, so far very smooth, better as i expected it to be! Fantastic car for its price range imho!

#7 ·
Thanks burty! I would like to post some pics but have no clue how to do it! :) anyway, drove around 140km on a roundtrip to a town nearby and the BC shows 4.1. No clue whats that in mpg uk measure, but thats an impressive number. Very soft and smooth egc so far. I hope i will be saying the same in a year or two from now. As i said before, for the price paid, you get a lot of features. Thumbs up for peugeot

#10 ·
Ciorapel said:
Thanks burty! I would like to post some pics but have no clue how to do it! :) .....................

When you go into 'Post Reply' click on the little picture of a tree (that's just above the 'B' to make text bold).

You'll get a window that allows you to upload pictures. For once, size does matter and you may have to re-size to post the picture.

Have fun.

#11 ·
When we got ours I was unsure whether the fuel gauge was working. It eventually moved from "F" but it took a couple of weeks.
SWMBO gets 64 in town and 74 on a steady run.... I get less but I have bigger feet than she does. Even so I get over 60 in town and about 70 on a run.
Enjoy your new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.