Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having ordered a Feline Calima on August 13th, I've been living through the forum to see if the 2008 has been getting through to UK customers. It looks like some people have had really bad experiences, having ordered early, but still not taken delivery. Some people are on schedule. I get the impression a few dealers have messed up orders too.

I emailed my dealer yesterday and he said that mine is due to go into build and will be delivered early November. This is the story he's been saying for a few weeks, so guess like everyone else, I'm just going to have to sit tight and wait - which I do not do very well!!!! He still seemed reluctant to say exact build date, so I'm a bit suspicious.

To throw temptation into the mix, I've just been offered a company car - list of cars to be sent through. So now I'm wondering whether to hold out, or go with my other option.

I ordered mine to cope with the snow. So if I'm still driving my 1 series when those little white flakes start to fall, I will be one very unhappy bunny.

Let's see!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

I agree with you, delivery time seems to be a bit hit and miss and there doesn't seem to be an exact standardised time from order to delivery.

Then with lack of updates and information just makes the whole deal even more frustrating.

As I drove the car I am more than happy to hold out, it was a very nice drive and I like the look of the car inside/out.

-Sam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely I agree. I test drove a lot of cars and loved the 2008. But poor customer service by Peugeot approved dealers and the factory, is still poor service. It's not doing much for the brand for me. I don't think when you're paying around £18K for something, you should be left out of the loop.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Yep I am with you on that, I am a first timePeugeot customer and the lack of updates is worrying, and considering they are launching a new car soon (which looks like it will be popular again) it seems they are forging ahead as though there are no issues.. Of course maybe there isn't an issue and we are just seeing it as one we we are frustrated with the process and lack of updates.

I've always stuck with ford (except my
Qashqai) and when I ordered the cars there where always regular updates from the dealer and from themanufacturer.

The
Qashqai had massive demand when I ordered it and it was a couple of months wait but I had a build date within the week of ordering and what turned out to be a very
accuratedelivery date. So the lack of information from

Peugeot and the unwillingness for their customer service to properly look into it is worrying (they just give canned/stock responses).

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sam,

That's the thing. I just want them to measure our expectations. If there really is an issue. Tell people and we can use the right information to form an opinion as to whether we're prepared to wait. My date has slipped one week. Then the first week in November has moved to early November. So a fairly consistent story, but nothing concrete. I feel like we're being taken the mickey out of a bit if I'm honest, that if we bury our heads in the sands, then it's ok, all those people who are paying are wages can all sit on the ledge like expectant lemmings. If my date moves past end of 2nd week of November, I'll be withdrawing my interest. If I lose my £250 deposit, so be it.

Thanks

Lisa

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I had exceptional service from Matt at Wycliffe, Rugby.

He kept me up-to-date with progress and arriving in the docks, shipping and arrival in Sheerness.

He rang me to advise delivery straight off the transporter, hence the pre-PDI photos I posted.

If he can do it then why can't the others?......although, to be fair, he has since told me of lack of information as the orders have been overwhelming the factory and updates coming through were fewer, especially because of the holiday shut-down during August.

August, I guess, would have been the factories busiest with all the new orders flooding in from the UK, on top of the regular orders. They have been building the left-hand drive 2008 for the continent for some time already but only started taking orders during the latter part of June over here.

I was lucky as I ordered early and mine was shipped just before shut-down.

The favourable press reviews have added to the demand.

It's a great car and demand has been incredible.

Extra production facilities and shifts will see the waiting times fall. I'm sure Peugeot want to make them so that they get the money in the coffers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Al,

Yeah and they need the money but I think they need to be careful with this one as 75% of new orders for the 2008 are from new customers and they could have the potential to really hurt the brand for those new customers (that then have friends are potential new customers etc) if they don't offer a decent service.

-Sam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Allan,

Looks like you were one of the lucky ones. It's not the demand or the delays I have an issue with, it's the lack of information to measure my expectation. I just want a definitive date.

I don't think they can use higher demand as a continuous reason to leave customers in the dark. If they are now building 520 units a day and increasing to 615 mid October and they know how many on order, they can tell people a build date. They know what transport throughout Europe they have to work out a delivery to the UK date. It's not as if they've only just started making cars and don't know what to expect.

Right rant over. Just winding myself up now

http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/media/press-releases/successful-sales-of-the-peugeot-2008-lead-mulhouse-plant-to-increase-production

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have to agree, this is my first Peugeot but not my first time waiting for a new car to be built, my other ones 3 in fact where all Renaults and all through the process i had weekly updates on my vehicle even if it was just a courtesy call to keep in touch.From my Peugeot dealer i have had one phone call and i have been to the dealer twice since ordering on 31st July and i've still not got a build date and to be honest my salesman is a nice guy but on the whole is pretty clueless as to build dates not entirely his fault and he his pretty embarrassed by it all himself.
I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I test drove a few cars when looking for a new car but like many others on here the only car i really liked was the 2008.

Still waiting.

John.

Edited by: John2202

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been watching the debate over delivery times pretty despondently
since like many on here contact from my dealer has been non-existent.

I ordered my car on
13<sup>th</sup> August and although aware that the factory was on summer shut
down was confidently told that delivery would be by the end of October.
After eight weeks of hearing nothing from the
dealer I called them and the salesman said he would try and find out a build
date and give me a call back""¦

Today, a week later, I decided to call in at the dealership
and try to get an update in person.
Now
I've been told that my order is ""˜in process' and I should expect delivery ""˜around'
the second week in November.
The
salesman has now also agreed to ring me once a week (on a Thursday
) to keep me
informed on progress.
I'll let you all
know what happens but I may yet get the car before the first snow of
winter.

What do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i made purchase on 10/08/13 and was told that i would have an expected delivery date of 30/9/13 as written on my purchase order. Without any contact from my dealer and now gone over the expected delivery date i am now told it won't even be built until November. I feel done over with it all and now considering canceling and looking for alternatives like the new Suzuki x cross.i feel Peugeot after sales are terrible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I ordered mine back in June I was told a minimum of 12 weeks before I could expect delivery. I got my build date for the end of October last week. I do think some of the delays are model specific, however I have a brilliant sales guy who I think has been as frustrated by Peugeot's lack of updates into the dealerships as we have. Let's see what happens

·
Registered
144 Posts
welcome stevehi
ours was ordered 30th July
we were told oct delivery but soon after were told early nov (we have to chase salesman (nice chap)to get any info) but he tells tells us we should be on target but cant give abuild date , as were now getting closer we should be getting somepositive news, as your order was on the 13th aug ourprogress should give you an ideaof yourorder progress (on the assumption orders are processed in order)
dealer has just had some in be interesting when these were ordered, will pester for an answer
good sign to see some forum members close to pick up
will keep posting

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome, anyone ordering in August and being given a delivery date can only happen if the dealer knew they had one unallocated and available. The factory is closed and no other dates were available.Sounds like your dealer may have been misleading you.

Mac.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I must admit that whilst I am very impatient I have been made aware that it would a min of 12 weeks so as much as I need my new 2008 now, I can't really feel misled, but having read some of the posts here it does feel like some people have been given unrealistic timescales

·
Registered
144 Posts
msweston7
IF YOU PURCHASED ON 8TH AUG WOULD SUGGEST YOUR DEALER GOT DELIVERY DATE WRONG IF THIS WAS A FACTORY ORDER ( SEE BELOW )

we contacted 6 different dealers when decided to go for the 2008 (price related) but we did ask on delivery as this was important to us as our present car has a terminal illness 3 months to live, although there may have to be a miracle. (dealers expense) and to be fair the prices varied but they all stated roughly the same expected delivery date .(this must of come fromPeugeot uk) apparrantly Peugeot france totally shutdown including offices . then come September lots of orders to deal with (a whole month no production and more orders than they expected) now peugoet need to play catchup,PEUGOET NEED TO KEEP US IMFORMED

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trying asking your sales guy how often they get updates to build dates, I am lead to believe it could be weekly. I know how you feel, it was 15 weeks before I even got a build date! So fingers are just crossed now that it will be here mid nov

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe the salesman mislead me and since my purchase that salesman no longer works at the dealership anymore which doesn't fill me with two much confidence. Spoke with the sales manager today and was apologetic for me being mislead. I feel like cancelling to cut my nose of to spite my face but deep down i want this frikken car haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts