Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I thought I had better post on here to introduce myself!

Having been driving around in a Freelander for the last 11 years or so, my requirements have now changed, so I was looking for a new smaller 'crosover' vehicle but still with a slightly higher driving position than your average small family saloon, and not having the need for 4wd any more I finally settled on the 2008... having initially parked next to one in Tesco's car park!

Have gone for an Active PureTech 1.2VTi 82 in Cumulus Grey with factory fitted sat-nav and rear parking sensors+folding mirror options on their 'Just Add Fuel' scheme.

This obviously had to be a factory order but I have been lucky enough to get one on a September build.

As I only placed the order yesterday (4th September) I am not sure yet just how long I will have to wait for it... not too long I hope!

You can expect quite a few more questions (and updates) from me once I have explored the Forum, (which I only discovered last night) in the near future!

·
Registered
87 Posts
welcome montela

good looking 2008s are

u be
driving it people will notice
our car gets heads turning
mezza...

2008 e-hdi outo 1.6 stop n start system - nimbus grey

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Montala and welcome to the club.

Hope you find plenty to read on here to pass the waiting time.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome Al.

I have now downloaded the 348 page Owner's Handbook, so that should provide me with a little light reading for a few days!

Will be giving my dealer a call later for a delivery update!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
barrheadred said:
Congrats !!
look forward to the updates. Ordered the active 1.2 model myself, just awaiting delivery ˜'

Thanks!

Which colour did you go for in the end?

Nimbus Grey seems very popular on this Forum, but I went for Cumulus Grey myself, after having seen it on a 308 in the dealer's showroom, which looked really attractive!

Hope yours is delivered soon... waiting is always hard, isn't it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Montala said:
barrheadred said:
Congrats !!
look forward to the updates. Ordered the active 1.2 model myself, just awaiting delivery ˜'

Thanks!

Which colour did you go for in the end?

Nimbus Grey seems very popular on this Forum, but I went for Cumulus Grey myself, after having seen it on a 308 in the dealer's showroom, which looked really attractive!

Hope yours is delivered soon... waiting is always hard, isn't it?
ah colour is a bit of a long story. At time of ordering was told only black or nimbus grey where available unless I wanted to wait ages. So whent for nimbus in the end. But then got a call from the dealer 10 days later saying no nimbus where available anymore but he could get me a spirit grey in a few weeks. ˜�
so going for spirit grey now

Edited by: barrheadred

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi barheadred

we were offerd the spirit grey a few days later

after ordering our 2008 in nimbus grey

dealer sed we wuld have to wait for nimbus 2 be built

we had to wait 3/4 months but we could have

spirit grey that i didnt want so we had to wait
lol

and it was worth waiting for its really nice

hope you enjoy ur 2008 and like the colour

mezza...

2008 1.6 outo e-hdi stop n start system - nimbus grey

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi guys
barrheadred i had that feelin
cus we had to

weait 3/4 month now weve had 2 monthes
and we still can not fault it
dont
ull be

when u get it

mezza..

2008 1.6 outo 6 speed e-hdi nimbus grey

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As I mentioned in my first post, my order was placed on 4th September, as a 'factory order' and although I was initially promised a September build, this was quickly changed to October!

Having read on here of three months (or longer) waits, I was therefore quite surprised, although very pleased, to receive a call from the Sales Manager of my dealer last Monday to inform me that my car has actually been built already, and is currently on its way across France, ready for its cross channel trip!

Hopefully I will receive another update next Monday!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not long indeed!

Much to my surprise... and the dealer's also actually, I am picking it up tomorrow morning (31st October).

I popped in yesterday to sign the finance papers and to sort out the insurance (I went for the 'just add fuel' option) and managed to have a quick look at it while I was there, although it was still mostly covered in a white protective 'fleece'... it did look smart though!

Edited by: Montala

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hope it goes OK tomorrow.Enjoy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts