Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . you can't stop (you start the car, the music is on wether you like it or not).

Someone from a French reports that a Peugeot account manager wrote to him: "Due to several users complaining about the 'unstoppable' radio, we considered their request. A new software is being developed and will be available at the end of this year, I invite you to contact your dealer by this term in order to benefit from this offer".

That's all I know. Don't know if it will be free or charged, if this software will only be available in France or worlwide.

Anyway, if this true, this is good news in my opinion. Maybe you can talk to your dealers about this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

Just a quick word to let you know I just had the software installed on my 2008. Now the radio (or CD player/USB) has an ON/OFF function and the music no longer plays as soon as you start the car, it only plays when you want it to play.

This operation was entirely free, it took my garage (which is also my dealer) a couple of hours to do it. This software is compatible with 208, 2008 and the new 308. It's official, Peugeot knows about it and all the dealers should also know.

I don't see why it wouldn't be available in Britain.

Kind regards.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I asked if the upgrade for radio on/off and full post code input was ready last week and I was told it had been delayed slightly.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,AllenPlease post when you know any more, It gets on my nerves when it comes on unexpectedly.
Happy motoring,
MickD.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Will do, but in the meantime you'll just have to keep the volume turned down.

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I will probably miss the voice when it turns off.
. It is the full postcode capability that is most definitely needed. Either that or the places I go are just awkward addresses.

Mac. Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nav-tec are working on a mapping update to include the full post code.

This should be available here before the end of the year.

They are checking the radio on/off and will let me know asap.

Al.

·
Registered
72 Posts
it's great having Al on the case,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ithought PSA have signed a deal with TomTom.Itdue to startin 2015, not sure how keen NavTec will be to change software with such a short contract remaining.

I would be very pleased if the Peugeot device can be 'upgraded' to TomTom

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The service chap told me it was Nav-tec this morning but I guess 2015 is a fair way off and they are still committed to maintain services during the current contract.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks AlI hope so, most of the places I visit I need the full postcode.
Our other car has a Nav-Tecsystem (as did two of my last 3 cars) and I still need to take a portable device for findingmany places.

My dealer has alsosuggested that an upgrade to full postcode is 'due' & free!
It's something else to look forward to.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope so Itsi.If anyone heres when this comes out can they post it on this site please.Would like to get mine updated when i get it in January,Febuary..............

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Regarding the update to full post code and radio off I've just been told by my dealer that cars built prior to November cannot be updated without me purchasing a new mapping disc.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">So there's no free update evidently for the earlier cars!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
allan40alt said:
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Regarding the update to full post code and radio off I've just been told by my dealer that cars built prior to November cannot be updated without me purchasing a new mapping disc.</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">So there's no free update evidently for the earlier cars!! 
I complained to Peugeot Customer Service and they gave me the update and the mapping update.So I would suggest that you do the same.

·
Registered
184 Posts
burty said:
allan40alt said:
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Regarding the update to full post code and radio off I've just been told by my dealer that cars built prior to November cannot be updated without me purchasing a new mapping disc.</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
I complained to Peugeot Customer Service and they gave me the update and the mapping update.So I would suggest that you do the same.
burty can you elaborate buddy what version and what extras this does.As i am keen on emailing the buggers

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The update for the SMEG unit may have a number of updates that I am not aware of but what I do know is that it provides the mute update for the radio to keep it muted after you restart, and the Full postcode search in the sat nav whereas my original system would only accept the first 3/4 digits of the post code.

It's not entirely clear to me what differences there are in the mapping but in theory it's a more up to date map.

Your system may already have the update as you have a November build. Mine was built sometime prior to September.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just had a call from my dealer.

They have the Peugeot Area Manager visiting on Monday and my comments will be discussed with him as it affects all 2008 cars made prior to 1st November.

Al.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The SMEG 3.17 AR3 firmware update is available for download here.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!ncsWBLSb!XVtlgXclrkVESekOHs2J6A

·
Registered
48 Posts
When the system changes to TomTom will this be an update for us. Or will our sat navs not be compatible on continue running the old nav teq navigation.anyone know?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts