Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Having had a couple of test drives in a 2018 2008 Allure we've decided to take the plunge and join the club. Need a bit of help deciding on whether to go for the Allure though or spend the extra for a Premium. Does anyone have any advice they could give please?

I like the idea of having the built in Sat Nav instead of plugging in my phone but have read mixed reviews - and the panoramic room seems like a lovely touch. Never had a reversing camera so can't really comment on that but are these three things worth the extra money? - or is there more that I'm missing?

Any help really is appreciated as this is about to be my family-mobile for the next few years and will be the most I've ever spent on a car.

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Paul
I have just bought today a 2008 Allure Premium 2019 with all the toys, I did look at the Allrue but was drawn to the Premium with the extra accessories.
I will get the car next week but did have a test drive and was very pleased with the smooth gear change, driver position and the reversing camera, I suppose it all depends what you like to have in your car.
Do your research and hope you find a car that suits your needs.
Jackie

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd suggest your decision would be best based on how deep is your pocket. Usually (not always), you get what you pay for.

However, going by how I feel about buying a washing machine with all bells and whistles, much of what's there I never use, it could be the same with the various models of 2008s. I have a 2015 regd. Active 2008 which gives me all I need for my current motoring. And there's the fact that the more bells and whistles you have, the more there is to go wrong :p

I suggest you do the same - buy one that fits your needs - and your pocket!! And alwlays remember that once driven off the forecourt (new) the car will depreciate so the more you pay for it, the greater the 'loss'.

I hope you enjoy the 2008. I'm now with our second, having bought the first in 2013, one of the first locally. Now they are EVERYWHERE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts