Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Every time the AC is turned on, smells like wet dirty socks...The car was left in sun, to evaporate all possible water, no wet spots identified, but every time the AC starts, the smell is there...
Any ideas?
Is very disturbing, as the smell lasts as long as AC is ON, does not disappear...

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's bacteria - needs to be given a hygienic clean and the pollen filter replaced at the same time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had the same probs with my wife's car and used the AutoGlym product. It was so easy to use set the air con on recirculate, press the button on the can & place it on the floor on the passenger side and wait about 5 mins or whatever the instructions say. I cleanses everything including upholstery, headlining etc etc. Oh yes... is sanitizes the air con too!!!
I did this as well as changing the Pollen Filter as Frank says.. The results were unbelievable.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I had investigated and seems indeed to be bacteria...I have ordered BIONET A15, a very powerful anti bactericidal product used in hospitals/clean rooms. Will remove the carbon filters from front (new filters, changed 2 months ago), and spray in airthe Bionet, with AC ON and 1/3 ventilation...Will killany bacteria.The sanitizers used in car seems to have Ozone, that is very good for sterilization, but also is strong oxidizer, the leather does not like it too much...Also the treatment with this spray seems to work one summer...the Bionet lasts for 2 years,and it maintain active the bacterial shield.
Will treat it in weekend, and will be back with impressions.
Thanks.

PS. Bionet A15 and Bionet Air cost about 5 euro/100ml, the combination is 5:1 (water/Bionet)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last weekend I made the treatment with Bionet.....impressive stuff...after 1 hour, all smells are gone...I have now a fresh smell like apple... Also the moisture smell is gone...only 50 ml used, mixed with 500 ml water...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts