Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I purchased a 2008 Allure 1.2L pure tech 110 ss 2017 plate in August last year. It’s been great and Peugeot have been great with any small problems but now it’s developed a fault which isn’t bringing anything up on the computer and Peugeot say they can’t help.

sometimes while accelerating it holds back for a second like it’s hit a Rev limiter and then continues to accelerate. It also intermittently shakes at idle, the revs drop from 800rpm to 600rpm and jump up to 1000rpm before settling again. It will do it every 10 seconds or so.

Any help would be greatly received

Many Thanks 👌🏼

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi everyone.

I purchased a 2008 Allure 1.2L pure tech 110 ss 2017 plate in August last year. It’s been great and Peugeot have been great with any small problems but now it’s developed a fault which isn’t bringing anything up on the computer and Peugeot say they can’t help.

sometimes while accelerating it holds back for a second like it’s hit a Rev limiter and then continues to accelerate. It also intermittently shakes at idle, the revs drop from 800rpm to 600rpm and jump up to 1000rpm before settling again. It will do it every 10 seconds or so.
Are you able to go out with your mechanic and point out exactly the problem as and when it happens? I know these days (with my main dealership at any rate) you just turn up and hand in the keys to Service Reception, if you even go there and don't have the car collected LOL and wait in hope of them finding something. Was a time when with my so -valued/appreciated friend mechanic that I'd pick him up and take him out to show him what I was hearing/feeling. Ten to one the car wouldn't make the noise mind you (maybe because of the additional weight in our Midgets) but at least I could make it known what the problem was. None of these plug in electronic diagnostic tools!

I suppose you just have to keep at them until they find out exactly what's going on there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you able to go out with your mechanic and point out exactly the problem as and when it happens? I know these days (with my main dealership at any rate) you just turn up and hand in the keys to Service Reception, if you even go there and don't have the car collected LOL and wait in hope of them finding something. Was a time when with my so -valued/appreciated friend mechanic that I'd pick him up and take him out to show him what I was hearing/feeling. Ten to one the car wouldn't make the noise mind you (maybe because of the additional weight in our Midgets) but at least I could make it known what the problem was. None of these plug in electronic diagnostic tools!

I suppose you just have to keep at them until they find out exactly what's going on there.
Yea it’s noticeable when the car does it, you know about it, The whole car shakes. The dealership said they have felt it and defiantly something wrong but it’s not bringing any faults up on the system and the manual checks they have done haven’t bought up anything up as of yet. I’ve tried only filling up with shell fuel instead of different petrol stations. Would a blocked fuel filter cause that? I’m assuming they would of checked that 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
427 Posts
EAT6 or manual?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Do you fixed this issue (engine idle shake)?

My car, Peugeot 2008 1.2 110 hp EAT6, have the same issue and Peugeot Romania say to me: "In computer of the car aren't errors. The car are in normal parameters".

Thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it’s all fixed now. I hope it’s not the same problem for you but mine needed a new engine.
This is a problem Peugeot know about apparently and as long as your servicing records are correct then they will swap the engine.
Mine has had a new engine block as compression was down on cylinder 2 and they have also replaced the clutch.
Hope you get yours sorted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts