Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this as unsure if this is a problem or a strange design querk. On my 1.6 ehdi 115 manual 2008 whilst driving when I fully accelerate and press the pedal to the floor the pedal goes all the way down then seems to have a second stage of movement and moves an inch or so more. Very odd, any thoughts from anyone?

·
Registered
144 Posts
not noticed will give it a try and let you know results

·
Registered
311 Posts
My car does wheel spins and this jerky movement, but i think this is because the clutch isn't high enough

·
Registered
31 Posts
Noticed mine slightly pulled back and jerked a little today on motorway. My rear wheel drive BMW did it when it hit a patch of road it lost contact with. Ever so slight movement. The sat nav is my biggest annoyance - was on the M1 and it kept telling me to take the 3rd exit at the roundabout! If I'd have followed it completely I'd have turned off some random roads!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not noticed this problem myself.
Edited by: sam

·
Registered
193 Posts
Jimadd, it is normal and part of the accelerator. What you are feeling is the resistance switch that overcomes the speed regulator if set.A bit like an old automatic kick down.

Mac.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mac2008 said:
Jimadd, it is normal and part of the accelerator. What you are feeling is the resistance switch that overcomes the speed regulator if set.A bit like an old automatic kick down.

Argh that sounds plausible thanks for your help I think I'll mention it on its 4 week check but I'm sure it's what you say. Btw it's not a regular occurance of me flooring it

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moolis said:
The sat nav is my biggest annoyance - was on the M1 and it kept telling me to take the 3rd exit at the roundabout! If I'd have followed it completely I'd have turned off some random roads!
I'm afraid this is sat navs for you, my honda sat nav does the same on some routes. If it's set up for "shortest route" it my find a route that probably only 1 mile shorter but could take longer. When I holiday in Cornwall it's virtually useless! I've ended up up and over fields and having to open cattle gates

·
Registered
41 Posts
jinxx80 said:
My car does wheel spins and this jerky movement, but i think this is because the clutch isn't high enough
I am very interested in this comment, mine is a 1.2 also and although very happy with the car the 1.2 vti 208 I test drove before ordering the 2008 (no 1.2vti 2008 available at the time) was nothing like the drive the 2008 has with this engine. I find the ECU mapping to be quite agressive with a distinct power surge at about 2800 rpm which on a wet hill start creats wheel spin if you are not very carefull on the gas. Overall it is a very sporty drive which is not what you would expect from such a small HP car but I would be interested to hear if others have found it the same and I have asked the dealer to arange a test drive when one is available to compare it to.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is the car supposed to go in for this 4 week check?

No contact made with me at all regarding any checks.

Please advise?

·
Registered
41 Posts
jinxx80 said:
Is the car supposed to go in for this 4 week check?

No contact made with me at all regarding any checks.

Please advise?
My dealer said 1000 mile check, its only a visual one takes about half an hour and you have to book it in first.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got a way to go then for the thousand mile.

Thanks for the info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts