Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm going to have to admit that i am kind of disappointed with the car. After having an extremely well built and reliable 207, this car is a total let down ( and not just from this noise's point of view). The car is 1.6 BlueHDi Active trim.

Now a noise that i have had from about 500km's on the clock has gotten worse. At 1300km's all kinds of sounds can be heard coming from the dash ( crackling, buzzing, farting i don't know anymore), most predominately in 1st and 2nd gears and when taking off, but sometimes also when driving constantly in these gears or idling, from the driver's side of the dash(LHD).

Here are some videos, sounds can't be heard perfectly, but you should get the idea. It makes the car a nightmare to drive. What do you think it could be and suggest i do ? Never had this happen on me before with any car ! Let alone a new one :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_HDCpCidk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwOhEnvgmAo

Thanks

Edited by: alex2jz

·
Registered
316 Posts
Take it back dealer, demand someone cones for a drive to hear for themselves

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I booked a visit for next week, thanks ! Coming from work today i couldn't hear basically anything anymore. So unfortunately, it's an intermittent issue.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds like a losse fitting, check around engine dept for any stickers that have dried up due heat and flapping about

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had the same issue with a 1.6 blueHDI 120 6 speed Crossway. My car has only covered 500 miles and the ratlling when ticking over in neutral comes from the LHS of the dash (passenger side). Have booked it in with the dealer to be looked over and sorted out next Wednesday.

Have you had any luck getting it fixed Alex?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had my car in with the dealer and turnwd out it was the a mis-aligned gear cable. The cable was out of posituon and touching brackets on the underbody. All sorted now
Hope you've had the same luck with your rattles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Makizmo, thank you very much for the update ! I haven't taken it to the dealer yet ( i was afraid they won't be able to reproduce it and waste my time). The noise is still there, i observed, that it gets noticeable after driving the car for some time, not on cold. It can be heard from the vent area, left of the steering wheel ( LHD car), and only while in gear. Especially when taking off in 1st, or in the 1300-1600 rpm range in 2nd and 3rd. Now that you've solved it, i'm thinking of booking again at the dealer :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alex, definitely get your car booked in with the dealer if the noise has returned. A new car it is meant to be a joy to drive not a chore.

The technician initially thought it was the air filter mount (within the dash) for my vehicle so this may be the cause of your noise as it's located near the air vent. Give the dealer as much information as possible and i'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it.

Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Booked a visit for June 3rd. Keeping my fingers crossed. It gets freaking annoying to drive in the city after the issue starts occurring ( after about 5 miles of driving). It can always be heard when taking off in 1st or in 2nd at about 1400-1700 RPM range. When the car is cold it's dead silent lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Alex,

Just to let you know, I was in the dealers yesterday and happened to be talking to the service manager about a few things and they had a 2008 in with half the dash out. When I enquired what the problem might be he said that in a couple of instances the cars had developed this rattle/banging /knocking noise which they had traced to cables and in one instance a loose pipe.

So it might be good news for you as **** in Ireland pointed out. Lets hope so and keep us posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the new information uncletone !That sounds consistent to what happened in Makizmo's case. Unfortunately i've also skipped the last appointment, as i have been busy and doing mostly long trips and the sounds cannot be heard then. More than that, sometimes they can't be heard even when driving through 1st and 2nd gears.

I'll either leave it for when i do the first service, or have a look under the dash myself ( either thorough the fuse box panel or, under the steering wheel compartment)

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts