Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...even the wheels.

Just waxed the wheels and now started on all the door shut areas.

After going over with Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Wax

I even waxed the boot loading bar!

Tomorrow sees the wheels get a second waxing ofMeguiar's Wheel Wax.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very nice.:)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just finished waxing all over with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

I guess you could say this is the 'Ultimate Reflection'!

Al.

PS: I'm done now....well; for a little while....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Al, I used the Ultimate wax and had no issue with smearing, except on he plastic chrome where it looked like an oil mark so ended up using my Harley gloss which is or plastics.It could be the clear coat on the Pearl paint responds differently.

I did try the Hi Definition Wax on the bonnet to compare. Both look good but I think the Auto Glym has the edge.It is just a pain to put on and buff.I will see how long both last before I decide.Made a nice change having a new car with clean paint, the last two had been stored and needed a heavy polish to get the imbedded dirt off.So this time like you it was two coats all round and my arm still feels like it is polishing.

Mac.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mac, Bianca White also has the clear top coat.

I'm very happy with Ultimate now as you can probably see from my 'reflection' photo.

Al.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the video tip on Maguires wax and detailer products, using those would save me hours, not to mention my arm muscles.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meguiar's also do Gold Class which is Carnauba Wax based.

I do prefer that in both liquid and instant.

Happy waxing.

·
Registered
398 Posts
All treated with WS Platinum PTFE + wax...The plastic treated with WS Platinum for plastic without silicone...
Leather treated with Turtle Wax leather care...
The sun was down at end...so only outside pictures...inside was too dark for pictures...
The lack protector was applied 2 times...one at every 1h...
Next treatment will be for glass...a repellent for rain...not sure if Aquapel...

·
Registered
5 Posts
looks nice but it wud look better with some mats. im getting my allure next week. when I traded my old car in, I made sure to ask for some freecar mats. they certainly make a car look that bit better. if they want to sell a new car, they can at the very least thrown in some free mats

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had one of the earlier cars and we were awaiting delivery of the mats.

They arrived the following week.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

There you go.

This is the mat with my new blue LED fitted in the footwell. Passenger side looks good as well.

Al.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Al, tell me about the blue led lights...I have seen at standard bulb that have a stepping in lighting (a graduation)...How is the led doing? I had some experience in a SEAT car, the led stay on after closing the door at around 20-30% power...a residual voltage because the led have almost no resistance...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Different cars react in different ways with LED being installed where a bulb was; for instance, I tried and tested alternative LEDs in the front turn indicators but they needed a resistor in line to stop the 'rapid flashing'. This I did not want to do for fear of voiding the warranty.

The rear turn indicators worked fine with the LEDs I installed.

I fitted Canbus LED in the rear lights of my previous Qashqai and they would not work unless the ignition was turned on. None Canbus LEDs worked fine though.

The LEDs I used were Canbus error free and work very well. They only consume a fraction of battery power compared to a bulb. The blue in the footwell look really good and dim to off once the door is closed. They do not stay on at reduced power.

Have a look here for more information:

Bulb change to LED

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts