Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Pearlesant white Allure, 1.6 EGC with Cielo sunroof, leather, heated seats, sat nav.
Al you may need to turn this one around as well, sorry!

Kate

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Kate.

Looks very nice.

Are you looking at yourself in shop windows?

They're you go.

Actually Dan might be along in a minute and he has a magic wand to turn your original post round the right way...

PS: Isn't the EGC great. Very smooth changes and very nippy. I love the fact that you can leave the selector in auto but still use the steering wheel paddles to drop a gear or two.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very swish. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for putting me on my wheels. Love the EGC it is very smooth. Can't afford to go near any shops now to see my reflection in the windows. I haven't tried the paddles out yet, I must give it a try.

Kate

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Wendy
I think mine will spend most of its time a muddy grey anyway. I have washed it twice now and both times it poured with rain immediately after.

Kate

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Looks good! nice to have it before the winter comes in, hopefully if it snows you shouldn't have any problems getting around.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Kate said:
Thanks for putting me on my wheels. Love the EGC it is very smooth. Can't afford to go near any shops now to see my reflection in the windows. I haven't tried the paddles out yet, I must give it a try.

Kate

...at least we get free road tax....

I'm amazed that a car with zero road tax performs so well.

Al.

PS:.......and around 70 MPG !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yay, the free road tax and 70 something miles to the gallon convinced me to buy the car there and then after the test drive. Can't believe I will only have to fill the tank once a month instead of 2-3 times. And it's a real pleasure to drive
Kate

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Sam, not sure how it will be in the snow, there's no grip control on the EGC . My previous car was automatic , a 207cc and it had a snow button for extra grip in the snow, not sure it made much difference though. I thought they may have put the same on the 2008 with the EGC

Kate

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I guess with the EGC we only have the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) we can deactivate.

DSC automatically re-activates at 30MPH or when the engine is restarted or if the button is pressed again.

Deactivation
In exceptional conditions (starting a vehicle
which is bogged down, stuck in snow, on soft
ground...), it may be advisable to deactivate
the DSC system, so that the wheels can move
freely and regain grip.

Cars with 'Grip Control' also have special tyres:

This system is combined with all-season M+S
(Mud and Snow: 215/60 R16) tyres which offer
an excellent compromise between safety, grip
and traction.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Al think I'd better read the manual , I wouldn't have thought of doing that

·
Registered
68 Posts
i am looking forward to trying out my grip control in the snow, and knowing this country that could be in a few weeks....haha

·
Registered
152 Posts
Newtons second Law...... Wash your Car and it's guaranteed to rain within 24hrs !

·
Registered
152 Posts
allan40alt said:
Kate said:

Kate

...at least we get free road tax....

I'm amazed that a car with zero road tax performs so well.

Al.

PS:.......and around 70 MPG !

This was also the reason we chose to go for a 1.6 eHdi EGC the less we pay to the Tax Man the better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts