Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody just cleaning the car and noticed the tyres are Michelin Green X Energy saver tyres 205/55r16. Are these correct as the Allure comes with grip control and all season tyres - they don't look any different to normal tyres to me?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i would say they are correct as they seem to be wet/dry tyres to go along with Grip Control.

Looks like they are about £80 each fitted which isn't that bad considering.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Just double checking I assume they are factory fitted anyway so unlikely to be wrong. Loving the car after five days use!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have an allure but with 17" tyres and mine are Goodyear vector 4seasons tyres.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jlmadd said:
I have an allure but with 17" tyres and mine are Goodyear vector 4seasons tyres.

I have these on the Feline.

£175 each

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting, so have I the wrong tyres fitted or not? I would have assumed they are fitted at the factory.. very strange

·
Registered
107 Posts
burty said:
jlmadd said:

£175 each
Blimey hope they last well for that

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for checking guys - I notice you all have 17 inch wheels so not sure if that makes a difference- anybody with the 16 inch stock wheels?

I've emailed Peugeot to double check

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Russo, Yes. I have the stock16 inch wheels on the Allure and fittedwith the Goodyear Vector 4, so definitely worth checking with Peugeot why yours are different.

Cheers, Beejay

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I have an allure 1.6 Diesel (115) which has the 16 inch wheels and is fitted with the same Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons M+S tyres as most here have mentioned.

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very strange, be interesting to see what Peugeot says. I've also noticed that the size of my tyres are different to that specified in the Peugeot brochure. The wheels are correct but seem to have the 1.6 semi automatic size fitted not the ones for the 115 diesel. I wouldn't be that bothered but looking at the price difference someone seems to be pulling a fast one - I assume I also loose the advantage if having grip control !

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jlmadd said:
burty said:
jlmadd said:

£175 each
Blimey hope they last well for that

So do I. But judging on the black marks I get on my driveway I don't expect them to.

·
Registered
144 Posts
ask my local tyre dealerquoted £140ish fitted for theGoodyear vector 4seasons tyres 205/50/17/v

pirrelli all weather equivalents £130ish fitted
or cheapiesequivalents £70 fitted

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Latest news Car Select have rung the dealer who think I am correct and have the wrong tyres fitted. I have 205/55 R16 energy savers, the brouchure says I should have 195/60 R16 and the passenger door pillar tag says I should have 205/50 R17!!

The are going to check with Peugeot head office and let me know but it looks like ill be getting four new tyres.

Cant work out how it's happened I assume at the factory but all seems very strange

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
russo109 said:
Thanks for checking guys - I notice you all have 17 inch wheels so not sure if that makes a difference- anybody with the 16 inch stock wheels?

I've emailed Peugeot to double check

Does your Allure have grip control?

That may be the deciding factor perhaps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it does so should have the snow and mud tyres

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car went back to dealers today, they have now fitted the correct size tyres but have still fitted energy saving tyres the Goodyear Efficient Grip which still appear to be Summer tyres rather than the mud and snow tyres specified.

Complained and after keeping me waiting for twenty minutes, agreed and will now order the all weather tyres!!

So have wasted my day getting lifts etc, got a dust cap missing off one of the wheel valves and didn't even bother valeting the car for me as a sorry and will have to go through all of this again....

Am I being overly fussy and expecting too much from Dealers and the overall customer service?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If they are the energy saver tyres get them replaced pronto they add too the braking distance by quite a lot my allure came with 16 inch mud and snow tyres and are not michelin.they are goodyear 4 seasons mud and snow.Edited by: Alan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Alan had them replaced last week on the second attempt! Good year 4 seasons on there now. Much quieter and softer ride compared with the previous ones.

Had a full valet and twenty pound of fuel for the inconvenience

1 - 20 of 20 Posts