Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if my hearing is going or am I the only one who feels the horn on the Allure isn't very good?
My next questions are.... Where is the horn hiding? Has anyone changed theirs? How easy is it to replace?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The horn is a joke. It is symptomatic of the cost cutting process as many Peugeot's have very reasonable two tone horns.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone tried to replace the original horn with something like this? Or one of these for that example?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, i agree the horn sounds kind of embarrassing on the 2008. Don't know how it sounds on other higher end vehicles like the 308, 508... Drove a 2014 KIA Ceed, before this for a while and that car had a real horn, the 2008 sounds like a clown nose honk.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
On the new 308 it is extremely good.
Nice two-tone and loud.
... it's louder than that..

Al.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There you go...
from what i remember the 207's horn also sounded "weak", so they probably used the same one on 208/2008.

Edited by: alex2jz

·
Registered
14 Posts
"On the new 308 it is extremely good.
Nice two-tone and loud.
... it's louder than that..
"

So can the 308 horn be transplanted straight into a 2008, or are modifications required to avoid problems with the CANBUS (for example)?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I don't see why not.....but there are lots of less expensive two-tone horns available on ebay that will probably give as good' if not better, sound.
I'm sure someone has done that. I'll have a quick search to see if I can find the post.

PS: Take your pick;I couldn't find anyone actually changingit, butit's been mentioned a few times:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/search-results/?q=+horn#.VZGzzjrbLIU

There's this....but it was posted in April....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OONJG0shT7Q

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if my hearing is going or am I the only one who feels the horn on the Allure isn't very good?
My next questions are.... Where is the horn hiding? Has anyone changed theirs? How easy is it to replace?
Noddy wants it back. I just received the replacements from Ebay and am also trying to find it. I think its on the drivers side behind the headlamp cluster but cant see it. Help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I agree Peugeot clearly influenced by Noddy’s car.
I bought pair of horns off Ebay and went to fit them today but couldn’d find where it was.

Wife pushed horn button and it seems to be drivers side somewhere behind headlamp cluster. Anyone swaped their horn yet or know how to get at it?
Charles

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not teied the horn on my 2008 yet but it was pretty pathetic on the 2011 308 I traded in. Was kind of embarasing to use it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts