Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rather annoying rattle started to manifest itself several weeks ago. Strangely, the noise didn't start right away and on some journeys, never came to life. However, the noise has steadily grown in both intensity and duration, which now starts at the start of every trip.

The search for the problem started with a general look for anything in the boot that may be moving/rubbing against a bulkhead etc. This involved removing everything from the boot, including spare wheel; jack, parcel shelf and cargo net. With no avail. The search continued, with the wife sat in the rear seats, trying to locate the source of the problem. Slowly, but surely, the source was narrowed down to the driver's door/centre pillar/rear offside door. As time went by, the source of the noise was pinpointed to the driver's door window rattling, around the the top rear of the window, which was only confirmed when I pushed my elbow against the glass and it stopped.

Today, the rattle was particularly annoying from minute one of my trip out. The problem was solved by a small piece of chamois leather, folded over the top corner of the glass and the window closed. Eureka, the beast has now been silenced. Will ring Robins and Day tomorrow and ask them to resolve ASAP. Hell they might even repair the damaged n/s rubber door seal whilst they are at it.

My last dealer, RRG Mazda, could really teach them one or two thing about customer service.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a small rattle to around Sat Nav area.Badly adjusted door strikers are favorite with my old Peugeots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Booked in for both annoying rattle and n/s door seal, next Monday. Must say that the service department at Robins and Day (Stockport), seem quite efficient and most helpful. However, still lagging behind on the customer service front. Drop the car they say, my previous garage always collected, no matter how far away you lived.

Will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N/S seal replaced. However, no joy with the annoying rattle. As guessed, the noise was somewhat shy and therefore, would not show itself in front of a complete stranger. Went for a trip with one of the technicians and it started to materialise just near the garage. Back in week on Monday, with an overnight stay booked.

Must say that both the technician and service assistant were first class. Well done lads.

Will update in a weeks time

Edited by: Hatter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I, too, have an annoying rattle/vibration, which seems to emanate from under the front passenger seat and gets worse as the car warms up. I thought it may have been the heat shield on the exhaust, but the garage inspected it and found no problem there. It comes and goes and it's driving me mad!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts