Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery on Friday 29th Jan. Weather was crap (snow / wind / rain) to go anywhere but did manage to go around. Loved the car.. Going to enjoy it definitely.. Some pics of it below;

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi moizjazz,

Love the colour shame about the weather.

Just looking at the photo's is it me, or is the nearside tyre a bit softer than the drivers side?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!!
uncletone, its probably the angle of the pic but I did check and tyres are fine.. The pressure sensors also haven't gone off in the car yet.. Would be very unlucky to have tyre issues already with a new car

I will however, go and check it out at the pump as well just to be sure..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There doesn't seem to be any other 2008 in whole of Aberdeen! Kind of makes me feel unique :p..

·
Registered
506 Posts
like you Kate I'm sick to death of seeing them in the sunshine state, theres even a grey 65 plate in our village now'

·
Registered
284 Posts
There's a matching one to mine not far from our house, unfortunately we often leave for work / school in convoy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke too soon! Spotted a white one and a black one; both on same day.. But still scarce.. The most common are always the Qashqais and Minis..

·
Registered
506 Posts
When we were out in the "sarf of france" before Xmas, everywhere we went there were loads of 2008's. Then you would expect to see them in their own neck of the woods.

You know what it's like, when you have one you see hundreds of the things.

What was interesting, whenever we we parked up and happened to walk past one nearly all of them had the ECG Box, there were only a few I saw with Manual, and I'm trying to think if I saw one with the proper auto box.

I probably did but like I say a lot and I mean a lot had the infamous "stick it in drive and hope for the best" box.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did about 600 miles in the car over the weekend (Aberdeen-Edinburgh-Loch Lomond-Edinburgh-Aberdeen) and the car was absolutely great. The weather was terrible with rain poring down in buckets and lot of wind but I had no scary issue in the car.. Handled well and very stable through huge puddles, pot holes (steering little jittery though), mud, little ice as well. The manual 6 speed gearbox is slick and smooth with lots of torque (offcourse have to be in the correct gear).. Just find the 1st gear a bit too short and the engine idealing at around 800 - 1000 rpm? Is this normal for a diesel? Road noise, wind noise is normal and not extreme. Comfort is good as well and don't really miss a arm rest..
Also, I noticed a very very slight jitter (sensitive foot!) in clutch pedal especially at lower gears.. Again, is this normal for a diesel?

Biggest niggle is that I cannot connect my phone (android) through USB.. Only Bluetooth works.. And making / ending calls requires lot of taps on touch screen rather than simple controls on steering wheel which kind of takes eyes off the road sometimes (safety concern!!).. I might not be using it correctly maybe and need to figure it out.. The SRC button on steering wheel is just that 'SRC' and does nothing else?

As uncletone pointed out that there are lots of 2008 in France, I would imagine Peugeot (being a French company) addressing some of the touch screen software issues pretty quickly and not leave customers hanging?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Some vibes through the clutch pedal is a common observation, I can feel some through my own but not so much that I would find strange.

The touchscreen will only read memory devices connected through the USB. Use Bluetooth, its what it is for. Controlling the phone from the steering wheel controls is quite limited but it is possible to make a call and select a contact through the wheel. The system is limited and cumbersome. Quite honestly it needs voice control IMHO. I actually find it easier to use the mobile itself, which really shouldn't be the case.

There are loads of usability issues with the touchscreen system, we which Peugeot don't appear to be addressing. It's a shame because it could be so much better with a little effort.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took the car out for an even longer run (Aberdeen-Inverness-John o' Groats-Thusro-Inverness-Aberdeen) all in one day and single tank with still 90 miles left to the tank.. Liking the car more and more..Must say it was snowing and icy whileall the way from Aberdeen toInverness (atleast 2-3inches of it!) but had no issues with the car. I could even overtake others going at snails pace quite easily.. I was driving at about 55-62mph constant.. For the slower speeds I kept the 'grip control' to 'Ice' and then switched to 'Sand' when at higher speeds.. Had no problems with tyres slipping and/or sliding (hope it never slips! touch wood).. The 'all weather tyres' seem to work well..

The car definitely needs a good wash now....

Edited by: moizjazz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts