Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ordered the 1.6l diesel EGC Allure in black with the glass roof, sat nav, full leather trim including heated seats...

I have read countless forum posts on here and decided it was time I registered and got a little involved. I find myself watching videos, reading the manual that was posted here, I just can't get enough.

Been told it's about a 3-4 month waiting queue, which I have confirmed to myself reading posts on here as well hah, oh dear. The wait is going to kill me. I'm only one week in too!

As I'm fairly new to new cars, I was wondering how -easy- it would be to change or add something to the order of the car?

Say after reading a post from Allan I am now considering the park assist for the front sensors as I've never had those in a vehicle and they do sound useful.

Is it just a simple case of contacting the dealer as it's in early days and requesting it to be added in, just to pay the difference when it all gets signed over?

Thanks in advance for messages and replies all, it's much appreciated!

Wes

Edited by: Raserei

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Raserei and welcome to the club.

Phone your dealer asap to add 'park assist' as you won't be able to add it after your 'build' has started.

I don't use the actual parallel parking much; but the front sensors with the system are well worth the cost as they operate automatically and link with the rear sensors to give an 'all round' proximity picture in the main screen.

Good luck with the 'wait'.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Allan for a fast reply!

Unfortunately for me, I placed the order close to the end of June, now because our dealership have changed their offers, I'm not able to use their June offer in July.Therefore the car would work out quite a bit more expensive on finance (It would also require re-quoting...)

Not unhappy, just one of those things I guess. Would be nice to have, not a deal breaker.

Edited by: Raserei

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
They should still be able to add it.

They just need to send an email to add it to the spec and you pay the difference separately?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part of their offer was a deposit contribution, so they would have to give us a re-quote anyway as it's July, where they offer no deposit contribution on the vehicle.

The guy was generally sorry on the phone, he offered to go through with it and see what he can do but we decided it was best to leave it as it is. He also said that mid-september is the likely time we'll be getting the vehicle - best case scenario and worst case is middle of october, but I can wait.

If I put my mind to it, I can.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Never mind, it's still a lovely car you're waiting for.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had the front sensors installed after I got the car from my dealer.They not the same as factory fit ,it work on a bleep and not connected to the screen display like the back ones.They are colour coded and activated with a switch.They do the job and cost me 300

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now for a long overdue update!

I'm not particularly happy with the dealership at the moment, We were told on the 1st of September that we will be expecting delivery of the vehicle on the 17th. So we had to get everything ready for then, which we have as of the weekend just gone (mainly just insurance for now).

Received a call yesterday from the dealership, they haven't actually received the car yet, he tells me they were expecting it on the 9th, exactly one week ago. He then goes on to say that he is 'sorry' but he will now "keep us updated" (fat chance, he hasn't for this long...)

Apparently if the vehicle is in today or tomorrow morning, I still get to pick it up as planned. But WHY leave it so long, to tell us in the hopes that -- I quote "We thought it was going to be a day or two late"... If I was kept informed I wouldn't be irritated. But as we figured everything was okay, we went ahead and paid for insurance on a vehicle for a date we might not actually have it.

It's so very inconvenient in my opinion. Now I'm just hoping the pick up date is still tomorrow, because I booked that day off work specifically to go and collect the vehicle!

-Rant over- I'm actually looking forward to having the car, It just would've been nice if we were kept up to date as promised!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
petes01582 said:
I had the front sensors installed after I got the car from my dealer.They not the same as factory fit ,it work on a bleep and not connected to the screen display like the back ones.They are colour coded and activated with a switch.They do the job and cost me 300

£300 for front sensors alone?

That's the cost of the full Park Assist option that not only parallel parks your car but also automatically displays front and rear sensors on the screen.

A good reason to specify Park Assist when ordering, providing you can wait for build and delivery. Buying an 'in stock' car may not offer that option so I guess an after market kit is the next best thing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hopefully you'll get it soon mate, and it will be well worth it !!. Yeah more and more stories of poor customer service from dealers. Experienced first hand myself ˜ž

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Raserei said:
Now for a long overdue update!

I'm not particularly happy with the dealership at the moment...............................

It's so very inconvenient in my opinion. Now I'm just hoping the pick up date is still tomorrow, because I booked that day off work specifically to go and collect the vehicle!

-Rant over- I'm actually looking forward to having the car, It just would've been nice if we were kept up to date as promised!

I was in my dealer yesterday and having a chat with my guy regarding the new petrol engine coupled to the new 6 speed auto box.

He said it was scheduled for around October for the new engine but went on to say that they have a new email system and not all emails on updates/production has been getting through from the factory.

I could be that your guy just hasn't received the latest info regarding your new 2008.

You'll forget all these little problems as soon as you take delivery and go off on your first drive in your new 2008.

Have fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I am genuinely excited, also worked out that it is going to take roughly 2 years before the costs work out to me saving money as well - probably less as far as the MPG goes!

Poor customer service across the board? I hope your experience wasn't too bothersome.

Maybe you're right Allan, well, I hope you are now! haha

Apparently we're going to hear back from them today at some point, whether or not it will be good news is another matter. On another note we did receive all the paperwork from the DVLA so, that's something I guess! at least the car exists.. haha

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yep £300 my dealer charged me for front sensors to have them fitted, must admit I only have needed once in six months. I originally ordered a car in stock in the UK last December, however on chasing a few weeks later and was replaced by a order. Going back to add other accessories would have have delayed it further.In hindsight I should have done this and ordered the park assist for the same price

·
Registered
192 Posts
So seems service is terrible but car is fine. At least I believe that though mine was promised got tomorrow my birthday 18th. That date hss gone out window and no definite date yet. Only that it is in Calais.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had another call from dealership, if car isn't ready tomorrow, they'll give me a courtesy car at their expense.

It seems that they have their heart in the right place, so now I'm not as irritated, still disappointed though!

At the end of the day at least now I'll be handing my current car over, so I won't have to worry about insuring that for a few days! I've read posts all over this forum about the cars at Calais and following up with delays.

Don't think Peugeot are particularly great at communicating with these dealerships, or at least it seems that way to me! Fingers crossed eh?

Yeah 2008MAN, I have no doubts the car is great, I really can't wait to be in the drivers seat. I think their communication needs to improve, if what Allan said earlier proves true for a lot of the dealerships, then they're already trying to fix that. All the best mate, hope you get your vehicle soon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I called dealer today for update and manager rang straight back which was more than salesman does most times. Salesman is on hols.
Anyway my car is now in England and perhaps next mid or end of week for handover. Seems transport company's not allowed to state delivery. It just arrives.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had a phone call today as well, apparently the vehicle is in Kent, no idea why, though according to dealership I should be expecting it any day now. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had call from salesman who just got back from hols today. Ssys not sure where car is but hopefully in Belfast. He just is guessing.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Raserei said:
Had a phone call today as well, apparently the vehicle is in Kent, no idea why, though according to dealership I should be expecting it any day now. Hmmmm.
They are offloaded at Sheerness docks.That's why it's in Kent.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts