Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the keys to my new Peugeot 2008 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Allure in Amber Red. Its taken almost 5 months to arrive, but boy is it worth it!
First impressions, I've only had it 2 Hours, are very good. I'll get photo's and thoughts to everyone once I've had a chance to take her out on a good journey, hopefully tomorrow.

I must confess to being like a child waiting to open a present. One daft thing though is that there is no owners manual just an idiots guide to some of the functions and even that doesn't fit into the glove compartment! I am going to look at the online version tonight.

Oh sorry one other gripe. I noticed that I don't have two USB slots, instead there is a small cubby hole to the right of the USB/Aux ports. I probably wouldn't need two USB's but I thought there were two.

Anyway its chuckin' it doon here the night so I'll no be back in the car until the 'morra'

Best Wishes to all

Eulum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and I have just taken it on a relatively long run - Doncaster to Liverpool, it is a nice car with good fuel economy (I am not over revving) - I though that there were 2 USB ports and be careful with the cup holder, you cannot use it easily. I downloaded the user manual online and the cruise control takes a bit of sorting (read the manual and it becomes clear!) - I was interested in the Peugeot connect sys however could not get any info on it, which is a shame but so far a nice car - tempted in getting a dash cam. This site has some good topics. Enjoy the new car

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hiya to new users.I can confirm that the second USB port only comes with the Sat Nav option, so guessing that you don't have this. But that is probably a good thing as the sat nav has got many bad comments on this site. I glad that mine did not have it, and as I got a stock showroom car saved any wait.

Not if you add something in your log-on 'signature it helps other mambers see the model / engine and gearbox options that you have.

I am now 18 months in, @ 15,000 miles and still pleased, even if I do have the EGC gearbox, which looks like you ever love it or hate it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have Sat Nav but only 1 USB

I think early cars had 2 USB but later ones only have 1.Changed about a year ago.

Edited by: Sumpong

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again

Well I've had the car since Monday and I am loving it. No picture yet as the weather has been dreadful up here. So let me state some positives and some queries, no negatives yet!

Positives:Very comfortable and driving position, for me, is spot on. The small steering wheel is superb, granted I had to drop the steering wheel slightly but with the seat up to its full height the view to the dash is unobstructed.
I like the dash layout, it is crystal clear and the pop ups associated with e.g the cruise control and the intermittent wipe are very clear, positioned in the middle of the dash to minimize driver distraction.
There is plenty of room, you never feel cramped and even with the seat at its highest position there is ample head room.
The overall quality is very good and appears to be sturdy.
Once you get to grips with the menu (sub menu) on the touchscreen it is very intuitive although it's not perfect.
I'll review more of the car later.

Queries:Hopefully I'll get some help here as the only gripes I have just now are issues that bother me!
When using the USB for downloaded music I get the album art in the top left corner, all the track names etc are visible and correct but the album art in the lower left is stuck on the album art from the first track, I can't seem to change anything so that the current track's album art is shown.
I would like to attach photo's to my contacts so that I can see quickly who is contacting me but I can't see any way to do this. I have tried the photo's menu but that doesn't get me anywhere!
Although I love the way the Cruise Control works it's positioning and activation are clumsy to say the least as you have to stretch your hand in from the side of the steering wheel and stretch to activate it. When on though it is a joy to use.
Lastly for now, the cup holders - garbage and Peugeot need to be reminded that it is people who use the car and require easy to use and access cup holders, a basic necessity if you ask me.

Initial thoughts 8 out of 10

Thanks

Eulum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts