Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I'm here to pay the balance and run through the 'hand-over'.

I then drove home and she was delivered about 30 mins later.

I'll take some more photos when I've finished waxing and polishing:

Al.

PS: That's Cumulus Grey in the background. We're on the shady side of the showroom.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your car looks great Al, really smart. 3 more sleeps until I collect mine. No time for waxing and polishing for me though, it will be lucky to get through the hand car wash once a week

Kate

·
Registered
101 Posts
Al it looks amazing! So jealous! I should have had mine last week
Keep the photos coming, especially after all the work you are giving it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
is that your personalised plates Al?

It sure looks great.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jinxx80 said:
is that your personalised plates Al?

It sure looks great.

Hi Jinxx, yes, I've had the registration many, many years now.

Al.

·
Registered
311 Posts
we brought ours this year but will keep the 63 reg for about 6mths before changing it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I thought I recognised that plate!

Spotted you on the A14 heading east this morning, just west of Kettering at about 8, I was heading west in the A2; sadly you were heading towards the back of a big queue after a 3-car accident had taken place. Not a bad spot with a closing speed of about 120mph!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Frank, good spot; but it wasn't me driving.

Mrs T had taken my 2008 over to see her friend for lunch in Peterborough and to buy and fit some new front bay window curtains for our daughter who's on holiday in Peurto Banus at the moment.

It's a surprise for her after she had two crows fly down the chimney and around the room and into the curtains. Terrified her when it happened.

I was at home in Rugby waxing her 206 and waiting for two other things to arrive.

1) The bill for the curtains and lunch.

2) The fly splattered 2008 to return for a Meguiar's Quik Detailing!!

I've done the detailing; just awaiting the bills!!

Good spot by you.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
96 Posts
... and very smart it looks too Allan!

Just wish I could see the Cumulus Grey one a bit better though, as that is the colour I have gone for!

I would also be interested to hear exactly how you did the detailing, as I would like to do something similar to mine when I do eventually receive it!

You obviously think it is worth doing, even on a brand new car?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hope she didn't get caught for long and that your wallet is recovering! I managed to get caught on the M6 which was shut for a period due to an accident, got to Sutton Coldfield an hour late for my meeting.

The car did sparkle as it came towards me, that's why I noticed it!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frank Bullitt said:
Hope she didn't get caught for long and that your wallet is recovering! I managed to get caught on the M6 which was shut for a period due to an accident, got to Sutton Coldfield an hour late for my meeting.

The car did sparkle as it came towards me, that's why I noticed it!

We live just below junction 1 of the M6 and often hear the emergency vehicles en route as well as the air ambulance flying over us.

The 'sparkle' is caused by all the elbow grease it's covered in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
allan40alt said:
Hi Montala.

You can see Cumulus Grey better in the videos I posted: Cumulus Grey
Cumulus Grey II
Cumulus Grey III

Regarding all the prep work I did this: http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/all-waxed-over_topic160.html#.VCHOvvldUTA

You may find the Meguiar's website helpful:http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic55.html#.VCHLgPldUTA

I'm getting a bit long in the tooth now for real full detailing!
Hi Al,

Thanks for reminding me about the video links... having looked at them again (particularly the 3rd one) I am now much happier with the colour I have chosen, which looks even better than the last time I saw it on an actual Peugeot... albeit a 308!

I will be much happier though when I know when the car I have ordered is actually going to be built.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts