Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi New to the forum, I have an Allure1.6 Auto, 2 months old and very pleased with it.I would like to know what type of auto box I have, I would like to know the change up speeds
Can any one out there help me or pointme in the right direction
Its not the EGC type
Many thanks "Spannerman"

·
Registered
540 Posts
You have a traditional torque-converter automatic gearbox - change-up speed will depend on the throttle position and load as there's no 'specific' engine speed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I find gear box fine. But having to go forward by putting the gear stick in reverse and using forward position to reverse is a pain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Frank thanks for your reply I was also looking for the manufacturer also if any other models inc Citroen use the same box
Bernie...

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's the AT8 which is a modernised version of the AL4; its a PSA unit but unlike the AL4 has a ZF torque converter - it's as old as the hills as the AL4 was first introduced in the mid 90's in the Peugeot 406 and Citroen Xantia, the AT8 was introduced about 5-6 years ago so the 308 (last model) has the same 'box as does the Citroen DS3 and C4 - it's generally cars running the 1.6VTi engine, other models such as 2.0HDi or 1.6THP don't use the same 'box. It might be old but it is compact and reliable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your info Frank, Your last comment pleases me "Old, compact, reliable,"A bit like me really lol
Cheers Bernie....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 model 82 HP automativ with manual ger up/down by the steering wheel, no idea what model it is but for sure it it not smooth in shifting. Often shifts when I dont want it to. Also slow to start ending up with wheels spinning in roundabouts when I need to get going fast.

I have also tried to down shift down hill to spare braking but when stopping for a pause it smells from the gear box. Is it a bad idea to do this?

I also drive a 2007 Volvo V70 and it is way way more smooth one can barely feel the gear shifts. The problem with this is that I sometimes drive on emergency calls when I don´t have my work car with blue lights and passing cars etc makes this a pain in the ass to be frank when the delay comes from shifting gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts