Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a night shift today. Instead of sleeping my body is wide awake awaiting the news of the permanent post..

Will I and won't I keeps going round in my head.

Last person to be interviewed is at 4. They are ringing round about 5.

I'm a sharer and that's how I deal will a bit of stress and anxiety. And any if anyone has any hints or tips to get me back to sleep should I or shouldn't I get this post will be much appreciated.

Jinxx

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lizzie, I do hope so. Now watching the phone wishing it to ring.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good luck mate hopefully its good news for you.

-Sam

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The phone call came, I got the post. yippee!!!

So excited, no more looking for a permanent job.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations its such a good feeling!! Wish i still worked but im a stay at home mum to a 2 & 3 year old wasnt worth me going back but do miss it only so much peppa pig a girl can take whilst looking at videos of the 2008 dreaming of the day i get mine...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well done Jinxx, happy for you
! You must be pleased you have secured a permanent position, esp just before Christmas.

By the way, if ever you can't sleep, my top tip (told to me by a professional in these matters) is to pick a really high number (e.g. 768) and count SLOWLY backwards. Really concentrate on the numbers and nothing else. If you doze off then wake again, start right back at the beginning. I know it is the sheep counting principle, but really does work! Also, think to yourself, "what can I really do about things at 3am in the morning?" Normally, not a lot! So why worry? Go to sleep and it can wait til morning.

PS yes I know it is 2am! Not through lack of sleep. Just finished some website updates..... Who ever said working in IT was a glamorous job?!
Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congratulations Jinx, hope you had some well earned sleep after that call.

Mac.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, do feel really lucky, in this day and age in the NHS,

Can you image, I actually only managed to get 1hr and 30mins sleep. I'vebeen sniffly since the afternoon anyway, probably anxiety about the interview and the cold my daughter caught in Nursery.

So i go in horse and as the night shift draws on, I get worse, so much so i lose my voice practically and no use to anyone. I get sent home. I have
not been sick at all and as soon as I get a permanent post I go off sick.

Just typical.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jinxx80 said:
Thanks everyone, do feel really lucky, in this day and age in the NHS,

Can you image, I actually only managed to get 1hr and 30mins sleep. I'vebeen sniffly since the afternoon anyway, probably anxiety about the interview and the cold my daughter caught in Nursery.

So i go in horse and as the night shift draws on, I get worse, so much so i lose my voice practically and no use to anyone. I get sent home. I have
not been sick at all and as soon as I get a permanent post I go off sick.

Just typical.
Absolutely.

I manage a mix of staff some contractors some permanent. Guess which group takes the most sick leave?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
unfortunately i think i know who that is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations Jinxx, that's great news. I wish I could fill my permanent posts, I have several advertised for nursing posts and not many applicants. What area do you work in.

Kate

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Kate, I'm in Nottingham, I've been looking for Acute Mental Health nursing jobs and they have been few and far between here due to the freeze and cuts etc etc.

If it's Adult nursing no thanks. Wouldn't know where to begin and Woking is just too far .
Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would feel the same about caring for patients with mental health issues. I'm a theatre nurse by background, not in theatres now though .

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went to see a kidney transplant whilst training it was one of the most amazing things I've ever had the honour of observing. I got so far excited when the surgeons madebth kidney produce urine.

Amazing job being part of that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts