Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a CTEK MXS 5.0 to charge the battery in situ, if so where was the negative connection they used, as the cables are too short to connect to the negative bolt as shown in the manual & live terminal on battery. My car is a 2008 model, year 2016. Would grateful for any info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a screw thread that protrudes out (into the engine bay area) on the inside of the left wing, connect the negative cable to it and the positive cable to the positive battery terminal.

Then turn on the CTEK MXS 5.0, press the "MODE" button and select the "Normal Battery Program" and the "AGM Option" as per the user manual.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sparkle has it dead right. I use this charger as I live in Spain in the winter and leave the 2008 at home in my garage in England for 3 months, leaving the charger connected all that time. When I return the battery is in tip-top condition. Great piece of kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone used a CTEK MXS 5.0 to charge the battery in situ, if so where was the negative connection they used, as the cables are too short to connect to the negative bolt as shown in the manual & live terminal on battery. My car is a 2008 model, year 2016. Would grateful for any info.
Found it, thank-you

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've used CTEK charges for almost 15yrs and find them a cut above anything out there, yes they are more expensive, but I still have my MXS 3 as my original charger that keeps any spare batteries charged up in the garage. Since purchasing CTEK and using regularly I've never had to replace a battery.

The 5 is far more flexible especially with the ability to recondition and that AGM option.

I bought my 66 plate back in Nov with the original battery fitted, one thing I noticed is that the 'stop/start' function stopped working after a week. Put it on a recon charge and it started operating straight away. :)

Some modern cars shouldn't have their batteries charged in situ connecting to both the positive and negative terminals (my Audi and Jag are two of these). This is due to some having battery monitoring gizmo's fitted on the negative side.

I found a small metal tab on the passenger front wing that's an ideal place for the black CTEK croc clip as an earthing point. I was considering fitting a CTEK comfort connect to the Peug, as do less than 6k miles pa (other cars are used) but will simply stick to a healthy overnight charge once a month.

Happy motoring and welcome to you Patrick, as a tip if you plan to make use of the forum please add your car deets to your signature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts