Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know MY company car is a Audi TT, its 18 months old and has covered 39k miles now and the time has come to trade it in.

Before I went on my European adventure, for want of a better word, to meet up with some business men whom, shall we say, would put the Russian Mafia out of business, making the trip virtually null and void. I visited the Audi Dealership whom I have done some good business with over these last few/many years to look at a new , well demo car.

Unfortunately the were no deals to be had and the prospect of spending £45k on a glorified Golf, which is what a TT is left me with nightmares.

Anyway, whilst returning from Europe I dropped into Exeter with a colleague and ended up at the Porsche dealership, not something I normally look at but found this of infinitely better value and will be looking forward to a little test drive tomorrow, if it's not raining, and hoping we can strike a deal.

Not my favourite colour but lets see what transpires.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
284 Posts
So have you bought one?! The link came up with an error message. What colour are you looking at?

There was a rather nice Cayman S (I think) parked in the player's car park at Trent Bridge today. I was even required to take a photo of it as a smaller member of my household decided that she would quite like one (it since transpires that about £50k would be required - she needs to save her pocket money!)
Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures now attached

Had the test drive it goes very well, the salesman was very good at his job customer service was excellent stuffed with coffee and biscuits.

Madam says I'm having a mid life crisis, I probably am.

The car has only covered 8500 miles , if I buy it I will cover that in 3 months.

It is a quality piece of kit and that is what you have them for. and a little posing. performance is adequate, the downside, the soft top. Winter is approaching and even down here in the sunshine state we can get rain, tell me about it, you need a boat to get around this week. I feel sorry for all the "shed draggers" and johnny foreigners from oop north on their jolly hols.

Great if the sun is shining and you can use it at weekend but this will be a company car and will be used on a daily basis. I know a few out there will be thinking, "why don't you buy a Ford Mondeo, another 2008 or whatever instead of ruining that like the TT". I totally agree, but because I spend a lot of time in the car, I avg 800 miles a week, I look at it as this is my office why can't I drive something I want to. Alright it seems a little extreme but if you buy quality it makes the driving experience that much better. I did look at another TT but to be honest I've had 3 of them and I think Audi are being a little cheeky with their pricing.

Anyway for those interested

Vehicle Data
Displacement: 2,700 cc
Power Output: 265 HP
Drivetrain: 2-WD
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel: Petrol
Exterior Colour: Agate Grey Metallic
Interior Finish: Black Sports seats plus or Adaptive or Bucket

Mileage: 8,384 m
Registration Year:2014 (64)
Price: £ 44,990

Fuel Consumption and Environmental Data
Consumption - urban: 10.6 l/100 km (27 mpg)
Consumption - extra urban: 5.9 l/100 km (48 mpg)
Consumption combined: 7.7 l/100 km (37 mpg)
CO2-Emissions combined: 180 g

Equipment
2-zone automatic air conditioning
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Cruise control
Electric folding outside mirrors
Floor mats
ParkAssist front and rear
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Preparation for mobile phone
Roll-over bar with Aluminium Look paint finish
Seat heating
Sport Chrono Package with dynamic transmission mounts
SportDesign steering wheel
Sports seats Plus (2-way, electric)
Top tinted windscreen
Wheel Caps
Wind deflector

The jury is still out

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like the colour of the one you're looking at but I'm not convinced that a soft top is a sensible choice for daily use throughout the year?

Definitely a mid-life crisis car 

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dad had driven a Jag XF for two years....similar to you, he's doing over 30k a year and likes comfort. He took it in to get the brakes done and one of the 'sharks' sat him down with a coffee and started schmoozing him, offering a new XE....a week later, he was driving it out the showroom. The big kicker for him was the fuel economy....band b road tax....he's saving a fortune. My dad was always BMW over Audi, had driven a couple of Mondeo's but now he really can't see past the Jag....maybe give them a look?Edited by: ChrisTheTim

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe an F-Type (purrrrrrrrrrrr)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Seriously, one of my Brothers had a soft-top Porsche which he used on a daily basis. He ended up buying a hard top (as an accessory) to stick on it over the winter. Ridiculous. He got rid of it within a year.

I have a Franke Porsche kitchen sink, alas no matching car.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are great thanks for the advice its most welcome thanks.

In the light of day the Porsche was nice but not practical, you're right Kate totally impractical for me. But I tell you what Chris you've hit the nail on the head there mate with the mention of the Jags.

I thought of an XF but was thinking of street cred as well, but the new XE now there's a temptation.

Watch this space as they say.

Kate like the sink "madam" has one in her "Poggen Pohl" kitchen me thinks very trendy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The XF Portfolio was a cracking car.... real luxury. Yes, the XE is a bit of a step down with less walnut and more plastic but it still oozes class. The XF had 75k miles on it so was getting to the point it was always going to need work and money spent on it so my dad's looking forward to a couple of trouble free motorway years in the XE.

Go and give it a go, you won't regret it and if you're already used to the TT, I guarantee the XE will feel spacious and luxurious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts