Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second 2008 - this time a Crossway edition - 1.6hdi. Build quality seems better on this car. However I decided to update the front brakes as they look tiny behind 17" wheels.......
So i managed to get some rcZ calipers and pads and matching 302mm discs with the correct 4 stud bolt pattern.
Brakes are now excellent - certainly not over braked but very effective.
Edited by: Bronzegreen

·
Registered
506 Posts
They certainly look the business Andrew, how is the feel.

The reason I ask is whist the brakes on the car 16" wheels seem adequate they are all or nothing. I find the lack of progressive braking takes a little getting used to. They are on immediately straight from the first press.

I prefer a little feel a light touch gives a gentle braking response and the more you press the more braking is applied.

Whilst I've been doing a shakedown for Madam these last couple of weeks even after 2800 miles I still find I'm gingerly pressing the pedal to get a gentle slowing down type braking respaone

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good point uncle had a 208 and brakes were grand but in 2008 find l really need floor pedal, brakes don't feel as good at stopping some how

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They offer much improved feel and offer progressive braking - an improvement over the on/off feel of the standard brakes. The calipers are the same as found on the 208 gti so it's very much a factory set up.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If Madam complains over the brakes I think I might be looking into that set up good shout Andrew.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts