Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way that I can adjust the pistons on the boot door as it is very heavy? If it isn't possible for me to adjust it, can my dealer do it when it goes in for its first service?

Edited by: MikeyD

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't think there is anything you can do about this. The only possibility is to make sure the hinges are lubed properly but don't do anything to the struts.
Looking forward to the summer... I think you'll find the struts work more freely in warmer weather.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes my boot door has always felt very heavy particularly for my other half.
I asked the dealer about it who said " there all like that".

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't find the boot particularly heavy but me mum always complains when she tries to shut it! I keep telling her it is still lighter than the Mondeo I had before the 2008 which she also always complained about!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its just that the release is half way up the door and sometimes difficult to find and you need to lift it by the bottom. I do find it awkward.
Edited by: Pilot

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had weak struts on our Peugeot 307 and ordered new struts from these guys:
SGS Engineering of Derby.... 01332 576 850. ... WWW.SGS-ENGINEERING.COM
They were much stronger struts than the manufacturer's ones. In fact I had to stand back as they were so powerful!
I found them very helpful indeed and might be worth a phone call for advice and to see if they do them for the 2008
You shouldn't need to do it but if they say they are more powerful it would be worth £12.99 per strut.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I find that opening the hatch I have to lift it around 4-6 inches from the closed position then from there onwards it lifts itself.
I don't find the first 6 inches heavy personally but I do struggle to get the button right. There is also a short delay when pushing the button such that I am often trying to lift the hatch before it's open.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ah.... I don't think I allow for the delay Burty mentioned. I will check it out tomorrow

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would say that the delay between pushing the button and the boot releasing is about 0.5 seconds. It is very tempting to be trying to lift the boot before it's released and I do wonder if this is why it is often accused of being heavy. I would suggest that you push the button, wait for the boot to release then lift and see if it's still heavy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You are a star Burty... It works.Many thanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Your spot on, took me few days till coped on to wait a second before opening and all was perfect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.