Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought through them on here.Been looking for a 1.6 HDI 115 Feline and they quoted me £18089 with metallic paint and black wheels. Good price but just ineterested how it all works as i have a 308 to P/X.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello,

Car file.net have the same for £17837.60.

They contact the peugeot dealer and the dealer contacts you directly.
All money is handled by the dealer, with nothing paid to car file.net,
they get a commission from the dealer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers buddy.did you use them.i have contacted them.had a Peugeot dealer offer me one for £18016.All depends on p/x

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£18012

·
Registered
72 Posts
yes I used carfile net but I don't know about part exchange as I sold my 307cc privately before

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My Feline Mistral 115 is ordered through Broadspeed.I can only provide a partial review as I have not yet taken delivery (expected next week).

Bearing in mind that I ordered in June which was only just when the car came into general release so most of the brokers did not list the 2008 and some that i made contact with couldn't s quote at the time.Broadspeed gave me a good price, at the time it was a bit more than £1500 below list and significantly better than the price I was quoted by my dealer (which was substantially more than list).I decided at the time to go with Broadspeed as they deserved the business in my opinion having come up with the best deal on the first chance (I don't see any reason to buy from somewhere that was willing to rip you off with a high price at the first chance.(I also despise my local dealer which is a Robins and Day dealership). Ironically my car is actually going to come from Robins and Day anyway having ordered through Broadspeed, in this case the car comes from their fleet sales arm, which is how they provide the discounts on this case.

Essentially once Broadspeed make the introduction you pay a deposit and deal directly with the dealer from that point.

The downside is that you are not dealing with a local dealer so you can't hassle them for updates or push for special treatment on servicing or accessories etc (although in my experience dealers don't give you anything special for any loyalty).

They also couldn't give me a decent trade in price for my 207 so I had to sell it privately (which was fine by me but has resulted in me having no car for 6 or more weeks, fortunately I have access to two other cars and a motorbike, so this has not been a huge problem for me.

On the whole I am happy with the service so far but if I was to do it again I would use the Broadspeed price as a target price and would call around all the local(ish) dealers to get their best price.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
By the way the price you have been quoted is better than mine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi,

Broadspeed was actually £450 more expensive than my local Robins and Day dealership. Not including my px.

Like someone else said, use the Broadspeed quote to get a better deal directly from a local dealer

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Do not buy from Broadspeed. I am still awaiting a refund of my deposit. Broadspeed say that they passed it to Robins and Day, Robins and Day say that they didn't receive it. I don't much care who is right or who is wrong. The upshot is that I am still owed £500 and it looks very much like I am going to have to resort to legal action to get it back.
Edited by: burty

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a excellent deal on mine, got it from Robins & Day Morden, no hassle and sorted out the p/x as well, cant fault em.........I did use another Robins & Day before and was a little dissappointed with their lack of knowledge on the car thay were selling so went to Morden and have been impressed with them so far...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
ON Broadspeed: After much communication, offers of some money back (but not my missing £500 deposit, I have now filed a legal claim in the small claims court for that money back. Broadspeed still claim Robins and Day have the money.But don't appear able, or have the desire, to get it back.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Finally I have my deposit back.Only took 10.5 months and legal action.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts