Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The edge is fairly thin and bent at a few mm radius to lock into the gap when you angle it into position. I haven't seen the 2008 mount yet live but I have seen versions for many other cars using this technique and it usually requires very little effort well within the margin of the natural flex of the panel.
Never had any trouble removing it cleanly either.
I hope that sheds some light on it :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can I ask would this take a phone in its case? I have a nexus 5 and the thought of taking off the case everytime I got into the car would put me off buying one. Plus as someone rightly stated there are enough cubbies not to have. However this doesn't help if you wanted to use the sat navigation on your phone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The thing about the Proclip is that it basically gives you a flat generic surface to mount pretty much anything without drilling or damaging the car.
On this surface you add the holder tailored for your device.

I have the Proclip for the car only and then mount a universal squeeze mount for the device. It looks a lot better than the original goose neck or vent mount that comes with the universal mount.
I doubt the Brodit nexus holder would fit a cased device because it fits the phone too perfectly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this helps but my base model 2008 has no satnav so I mount my Garmin using the standard screen mount on the fixed quarter light which is a near perfect position being near to the driver and not blocking the view to the front. I figure this might work very nicely with a mobile phone.

Not done it yet but are planning to run a wire to the electric windows to power it in the future not done that yet though.

Richard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts