Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just reversed into a branch which has cracked the rear drivers side lens (the part mounted on the rear panel rather than the tailgate).

I am speaking with perrys-official_vauxhall Peugeot parts on ebay who hopefully will be able to source the rear lens ~(they managed to source me a 2008 badge I was after to cover a small dent on the bonnet - that's another story,...)

Couple of questions will I get away with just getting the lens or will I have to get the complete rear unit, and if so how easy is the lens / rear unit fitted - I cant see any screws on it so not sure if its glued or clipped in ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Am I right in reading your going to stick a 2008 badge on the bonnet?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thats right just above the peogeot badge on the lip of the bonnet. We had a stone chip/dent right there so a body repair shop suggested the badge as a cheaper alternative to a respray. Looks ok wouldnt notice it unless you were looking
Just had a qoute from Perrys on ebay £81 for the rear unit - Ive just checked following his advice to replace you just undo a wing nut at the rear of the light cluster and the whole unit comes out, so very easy to replace

Edited by: russo109

·
Registered
217 Posts
the unit comes out nice and clean and easy mate you should have no problems, just give it a wiggle and it comes free but dont pull it out too far as the wiring loom will still be attached.

my advice would be to not detach the loom but instead just detach the lamp holders from the lens unit as its much easier to get on and off without causing damage and with the space available. just a plastic clip top and bottom and the lamp holder will stay with the car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
let us know how you get on buddy, hopefully it will be good as new soon

edit: in fact now i think of it if you take a peak in the LED swap threads im pretty sure there are some photos of removing the rear light cluster if you would be of any use to you.
Edited by: jonnyg30

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'm just back from a week in Lanzarote and trying to catch up.

Just saw this thread and thought this may help:

<table width="99%" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.799999237060547px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><t><tr><td ="BBquote" style="width: 796px;">
molinari wrote:

Allan you should post a video on YouTube showing how to dismount the rear lights housing. I gave up after a first attempt, fearing to damage the housing

</td></tr></t></table><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">This the method as posted in the 'Stop Light' thread.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Access is exactly the same except you change the Amber bulb:

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">As promised here are some 'help you' photos for changing the rear lights:

First open the small access cover on the side of the boot interior. This will reveal a small 3 cornered retaining nut that you unscrew. BE CAREFUL that you don't let it slip from your fingers!!

Next push gently on the retaining bolt you removed the nut from and the rear housing pulls away a little from the body.

It only pulls away a little and you need to press the small clip on the side of the power plug. This will allow the plug to come out and free the housing. NB: In the handbook it shows removing the plug prior to sliding off the lens housing. I found it easier to do it as above.

UPDATE: Just to the left of my pointer tip there is a very small button. I found it very easy to press this and release the plug prior to freeing the lens housing.

Remove the foam cover.

Release the side clips (easy to use your fingers). There are just 2 clips (opposite each other).

Tease off the centre plate (you may need to gently prise one side as you pull).

Remove the bulb and replace with the new LED.

Then it's just a simple job to replace everything.

Al.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Light very easy to fit, thanks for all the advice. Lee from Perry's provided excellent service and would recommend them for sourcing any Peugeot 2008 parts for you even if they are not listed.

Photos below of broken light, dent on bonnet and badge fitted covering the dent !!

Hopefully the bad luck will end now

Edited by: russo109

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was a bit a sceptical about the bonnet badge, but makes a good cover up

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was a bit sceptical about the bonnet badge, but makes a good cover up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes i agree, I did wander about how it was going to look but doesnt actually look too bad! Well Done!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts