Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from the dealer today"theyhave a build week of week commencing 42. Which is
the 2nd week in October which means end of October delivery."

I hope thats true and I will have the car before Winter!

The car was ordered in the second week of August.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Deckers said:
I heard from the dealer today"theyhave a build week of week commencing 42. Which is
the 2nd week in October which means end of October delivery."

I hope thats true and I will have the car before Winter!

The car was ordered in the second week of August.
Sounds good, put my order in 27th August so hopefully mine shouldn't be long after yours :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi all
not sure how this all works

we ordered 8th July with a late oct early nov delivery
our latest dealer update says on target but not confirmed

we know the order went in as few days afterorder wegot welcome to Peugeot, thank you for buying, etcemail and registration to my Peugeot ,haven't gone in this yet, not sure what it is?

hope no big delay

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Yeah not sure how it all works myself, seems there is no consistency between orders and delivery dates. Maybe there is I just don't see it :)

-Sam

·
Registered
155 Posts
Told the dealer today that I smell bullpois and cancelled the order. Salesman grovelled and we reached a compromise - keys are in my wife's had by 30th September or she'll be driving a Landie instead. We shall see.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered my 2008 last week with Car Select and was contacted yesterday to say that Car Select had been advised by peugeot that my caris due to be delivered to the dealer on the 20th January 2014.
I undertand that they aren't building RHD cars until December

Edited by: russo109

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

You sure about that RHD thing? doesn't sound right to me.

-Sam

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I was checking with my local dealer in Bridgend a couple of weeks ago he told me that Peugeot had advised that the factory has a huge backlog of orders since coming back from Factory shut down and are concentrating on fulfilling the home market i.e. LHD cars. The next slot for producing RHD cars is in December.When I initially ordered with Car Select they confirmed with the Peugeot dealer they use the same thing, RHD carbeing produced in December. This was confirmed again yesterday with my final orderwith my proposed delivery date to the UK dealerof my car being 20/1/14 andavailable to me 7-10 days later.

So same story two different Peugeot dealers.

My wife is changing jobs so may cause us a slight hiccup while we wait but we like the car very much and we aware of the delivery situation from day one so are happy from our point of view ... lets hope it doesn't slip though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting read Russo, when I spoke to carselect yesterday they told me 10 weeks but then again they have not placed final order yet

·
Registered
54 Posts
It may be cause I've ordered extras such as sat nav and glass roof on the allure 115 diesel model.
Car Select initially told me ten weeks as well until I told them about what my local dealer had advised me. They checked with Peugeot and rang me back a few minutes later and confirmed the January delivery

·
Registered
256 Posts
russo109 said:
When I was checking with my local dealer in Bridgend a couple of weeks ago he told me that Peugeot had advised that the factory has  a huge backlog of orders since coming back from Factory shut down and are concentrating on fulfilling the home market i.e. LHD cars. The next slot for producing RHD cars is in December.When I initially ordered with Car Select they confirmed with the Peugeot dealer they use the same thing,  RHD car being produced in December. This was confirmed again yesterday with my final order with my proposed delivery date to the UK dealer of my car being 20/1/14  and available  to me 7-10 days later.

My wife is changing jobs so may cause us a slight hiccup while we wait but we like the car very much and we aware of the delivery situation from day one so are happy from our point of view ... lets hope it doesn't slip though
Hello,

Is this only for new orders perhaps? If not it would mean all of those still waiting Wong get their cars until after Christmas!

-Sam

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
sam said:
russo109 said:
When I was checking with my local dealer in Bridgend a couple of weeks ago he told me that Peugeot had advised that the factory has  a huge backlog of orders since coming back from Factory shut down and are concentrating on fulfilling the home market i.e. LHD cars. The next slot for producing RHD cars is in December.When I initially ordered with Car Select they confirmed with the Peugeot dealer they use the same thing,  RHD car being produced in December. This was confirmed again yesterday with my final order with my proposed delivery date to the UK dealer of my car being 20/1/14  and available  to me 7-10 days later.

Hello,

Is this only for new orders perhaps? If not it would mean all of those still waiting Wong get their cars until after Christmas!

-Sam
I hope so.I was told last week that my car was on its way to Calais.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered 115 Feline mistral approx Aug 23rd as a lease car from work. Got word yesterday to expect delivery January 13th 2014. I'm sure its worth waiting for

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just had a call out of the blue from my dealer to say that they had just checked the system and my car is due for delivery first week of November. I hadn't chased. Originally told late October, so a bit of a shift. He said anyone ordering this week are looking at Jan delivery. I ordered 13th August.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Moolis said:
Just had a call out of the blue from my dealer to say that they had just checked the system and my car is due for delivery first week of November. I hadn't chased. Originally told late October, so a bit of a shift. He said anyone ordering this week are looking at Jan delivery. I ordered 13th August.

Hi,

That would be sort of consistent with another user on the board that ordered the second week of August, had their build date scheduled for week 42 (Oct 14th).

-Sam

·
Registered
144 Posts
hope so as we orderd 28th july told to expect late oct or early nov ,
but no news fromdealer hopefully we are target

·
Registered
43 Posts
My order was placed 8th july with original delivery 9 sept and was then told late oct, im going to check this week to see whats happening.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nitrams, you orders yours a few days before me and mine is supposedly now in the country for delivery end of next week/early week after.

I've got the mats, styled mud flaps, stainless bumper/boot protector and dog guard all on order from one of my contacts at another dealer, due in this Wednesday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Checked with my dealer and customer services about possible delays and they both state that they are not aware of any and that my Aug ordered 2008 should be here Nov.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts