Registered
144 Posts
hi not sure others may have better idea
when did you order as wehave no date yet, ordered end of july
thanks grahame

·
Registered
193 Posts
Davy, about two to three weeks is the average post build date to delivery then PDI and onto you.

Mac.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I was given a build date and on that day I just happened to be wandering around the new Peugeot's at my dealers when my salesman came over to me.

"Fancy seeing you here.....again" he said with a grin.

"Well it's my build date" I replied. "Actually" he said "Your car is in Calais and will be in England over the weekend".

So you never know; yours may also be earlier than expected.

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, mine arrived in England before a build date was granted!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check out autotrader to.There is about 20,petrol and diesels.Some are demos,trouble is nearly all white

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's just a car - another 2 weeks won't kill me, especially as I'd rather be in the Discovery!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don Bernard said:
It's just a car - another 2 weeks won't kill me, especially as I'd rather be in the Discovery!
Don't mind my asking but is the 2008 for your wife Don? because you don't appear as enthusiastic about itlike the rest of us, mind you I've had V8's in the past and can understand your preference, the only problem for me today would be the cost of running one. Just love that V8 engine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It's mainly for the wife. In my view a car is a pain in the arse means of bleeding us dry and I have great trouble getting a boner over one. It's about as exciting as a new fridge or greenhouse.

The 107 is about to go to my 3rd daughter, the Disco is for winter/poor weather use as we live in a village with poor roads and it was cheaper and far more effective than grip control, and the 2008 is for Woman mainly. I cycle twice as many miles a year as she'll be driving.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Our friends on our recommendationtest drove a 2008 and liked what they drove and would also like to purchasebut couldn't get a delivery date of there dealer. I tried my dealeralso vague on dates(our 2008 ordered end July likely to be November some time?). Our friends rang PeugeotDIRECT and there latestinformation is order today for December build and January delivery and forprevious orders work the date backwards .
As hasbeen said before there are ads on ebay and autotrader but most are just ads for new cars with same delivery times as your local dealer,but they did find one available with miles at list priceproperly a demonstrator (not sure why you'd sellyour demo car so soon as this is amajor selling tool).Our friendsmay order and wait but there other choice is available within 7 days, A lot off people don't like to wait or cant wait as present car has bit the dust so this mustbe loosing Peugeot a lot of sales (hard to believe in this dayand age).
my wife wasn't happy with 6 to 8 weeks now 12 or more, also our m o t runs out October andour currentcar being worthless means anything spent on m o t etc. (and could be quite a lot) would be money down drain.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Must admit that prior to retirement I had some beautiful Company cars.

I held a senior position and had a Rover SD1 followed by a Jaguar Sovereign, followed by another (that got blown up) followed by another.

Every Jaguar gave me nothing but costly problems.

The owner of the Company drove Lexus LS and never had a single problem so I decided to buy Lexus.

Started with a Lexus LS400 then another and finally a Lexus LS430.

Superb cars and never had a single problem.

Only problem in retirement.....they're so expensive to run and the service costs are incredible!

I still get excited about making a choice, the waiting for delivery and eventually the handover followed cleaning and waxing.

I just love new cars and the technology etc.

My wife though, isn't bothered by them one way or the other!

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I planned ahead. The 4007 has been an astonishingly good car but it has racked up a high mileage pretty quickly. Rather than wait until it's too late and be forced to get my walls out, or suffer loads of inconvenience.if the old car broke while waiting for the new one to arrive, I decided to pre empt fate and do the Dee now when it suits me, not in 6 months or a year's time when I have no choice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Don Bernard said:
It's mainly for the wife. In my view a car is a pain in the arse means of bleeding us dry and I have great trouble getting a boner over one. It's about as exciting as a new fridge or greenhouse.

The 107 is about to go to my 3rd daughter, the Disco is for winter/poor weather use as we live in a village with poor roads and it was cheaper and far more effective than grip control, and the 2008 is for Woman mainly. I cycle twice as many miles a year as she'll be driving.

Feel a but deflated after that lol but heh each to their own.

-Sam

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
grahame2323 said:
deflated why?

I'm guessing the reference to the 2008 being for Women mainly.

To be honest (no offence intended) but Don's been on a downer about the 2008 since he joined. It's good to have someone on the forum that has an opposed view and I have an overwhelming sense that there is nothing about the 2008 that he likes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
about don
yes burty that's sounds about right
not sure a Ferrariwould help don at bed time (see dons previous posts)

but its a big deal for us as big outlay and a car is more than just getting from a to b

SAM get excited

WERE ARE

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry, you misunderstand. My bad, I want very clear.

No, not for women only.

For WOMAN only. My Woman. The missus. 'Er indoors. It'll be the wife's car. I've no objection whatsoever to bloke owning, driving or wanting one. They're nice cars, so why not? I've no downer at all on the 2008, else I wouldn't be handing over a big wad of my own cash - not someone else's finance - for one, it's just New cars don't fill my Y fronts with joy, and I'm not the sort to get stressed or worried if it takes time to arrive.

It'll be here soon enough, and Woman is very excited. Fair play. Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm also excited. Don, you do make me laugh.

Btw, if you think our wait is bad, some people buying a Dacia cars have been waiting 5-9months for their delivery.

So I guess 3 months isnt so bad

1 - 20 of 33 Posts